New to overclocking/tried to overclock i5 4690k

Associate
Hi everyone,

I'm completely new to overclocking and I tried to overclock my i5 4690K. I used aida64 for about an hour.
My cpu cooler is the hyper 212 evo and my motherboard is the Asus Z97-P. I tried to overclock it to 4.4Ghz and at 1.282v. I was wondering if its stable? Should I run aida64 for longer? I honestly only did this today so i'm a bit clueless right now. I would appreciate any guidance
Pu82Dv4.png

Soldato
Looking good so far!

Just keep using it, running games as you normally would & benchmarks every now and then and keep an eye on your temperatures.

If it seems stable after a while and temps are good you could try pushing for higher speeds (which may need a few other things tweaking in the BIOS) or keeping the same speed and lowering the voltage.

Associate
OP
Looking good so far!

Just keep using it, running games as you normally would & benchmarks every now and then and keep an eye on your temperatures.

If it seems stable after a while and temps are good you could try pushing for higher speeds (which may need a few other things tweaking in the BIOS) or keeping the same speed and lowering the voltage.
I will do what you suggested. Thanks for the reply

Soldato
I will do what you suggested. Thanks for the reply

No problem. The 4690k is/was a very popular CPU among overclockers so there's no shortage of advice and guides around. They helped me a lot when I first got mine so give us a shout if you get stuck and I'll see if I can dig them out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom