New Top Gear (2011) BBC 2 8PM!

Good laugh tonight but the drag race was ridiculous. 4WD car with launch control monsters the RWD car in the rain. What a surprise huh!

They should have done an m5board / gtboard rolling start.

True, still, rain is a frequent event and all. Both laps were done in the dry.

Yeah its an awesome car, but I do think the way JC raved about its new ring time like it was unbelieveable despite the fact its slower than the newest version of the Corvette ZR1 was a bit biased, though he's never liked yank cars...

The ZR1 was on bespoke Cups for the new time.

Thing is, top gear could make the same program, but without the mistakes and factual inaccuracies.

Really glaring ones like saying the 458 can't display the Sat Nav and Speed at the same time when you can see both in front of him spring to mind.

The GT-R does not have a new gearbox and it is not built in a hermetically sealed factory.

you can add that to a big big list of his inaccuracies fett.

When i was raging about the ones on the VXR everybody had a laugh because it was just a fanboy ranting. But he does it all the time.

you can add that to a big big list of his inaccuracies fett.

When i was raging about the ones on the VXR everybody had a laugh because it was just a fanboy ranting. But he does it all the time.

He wrote a glowing review two weeks ago on the GT-R (In Gear) which should make a few less informed people think twice, so it would be unfair to criticise.

But I'm going to anyway. In the same article, he did the gearbox, nitrogen, sealed factory thing. I understand he is an entertainer first, motoring journalist second, but there's enough good stuff to write/talk about (with room for amusing hyperbole) without getting really basic stuff wrong. It's bordering on pulling Youtube comments instead of reading the press release.

Yes, I'm growing a beard. And yes, I'm very popular at parties.

Just watched the episode preview with Jeremy Clarkson and Andy Wilman (producer). This week has "even less car content to annoy the people on Final Gear" :D

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are challenged to knock down a row of derelict houses in less time than it takes a team of demolition experts to do the same job. Meanwhile, Jeremy tests an updated version of the classic Jensen Interceptor and finds himself transported back to a 1970s world of leather driving gloves and droopy moustaches. The show also features the incredible Lotus T125 which brings F1-style performance to the track, plus another celebrity guest attempts a record lap in the Reasonably Priced Car.

Back
Top Bottom