New Top Gear (2011) BBC 2 8PM!

Man of Honour
Just poking fun at how hot under the collar some of the people in this thread get when there is a female on the television. Do you not see them very often? :p

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;19712303 said:
Just poking fun at how hot under the collar some of the people in this thread get when there is a female on the television. Do you not see them very often? :p

I just thought she was a particularly fine specimen that is all. No need to get all hot under the collar about people in this thread getting hot under the collar when there is a female on the television..

Associate
The electric car is at moment designed for inner city work, so taking them for a 200 mile journey is just them trying to show the floors.

tbh though who can afford $30000 for a second car? As most households will want at least one car which they can take on long journeys, which it is evident these cars can't do, that will be the role those cars would fill in most households. I'm all for electric cars and I would love to replace my fiesta with one if I could but at £30000 I just don't think it's a viable alternative to petrol at the moment so I think they have a point all be it not put in the most eloquent of ways

Caporegime
Please, top gear love to shun thing they don't understand.
The electric car is at moment designed for inner city work, so taking them for a 200 mile journey is just them trying to show the floors.
then they go on about sodding hydrogen, an energy source that requires more energy to make than it gives out, so lots of power stations and nuclear plants.
Also fill up a hydrogen car up in the night go to sleep and you'll wake up with a empty tank due to the fact that no fuel cell can be developed to hold the stuff.

Battery technology like ICE will improve as the amount of money spent increases at least some companies are willing to invest in alternatives.

Their downfalls were clearly shown in a fair way. The simple fact of the matter is that electric cars on the market currently are just not practical. They said that things will likely improve, from batteries to charging points etc, but at this moment, there is little to make an electric car a viable option for everyday use.

Soldato
tbh though who can afford $30000 for a second car? As most households will want at least one car which they can take on long journeys, which it is evident these cars can't do, that will be the role those cars would fill in most households. I'm all for electric cars and I would love to replace my fiesta with one if I could but at £30000 I just don't think it's a viable alternative to petrol at the moment so I think they have a point all be it not put in the most eloquent of ways

please the original car wasn't exactly affordable to the average man on the street, but with the injection on money and increasing numbers produced the starting cost should drop rapidly.

Soldato
Loved the lambo feature, i loved the interior and the digital clocks etc, i rememver reading in a magazine when JM and RH took them out for a drive, they said then it seemed too clinical too, like the MP4 12C.

The electric car feature, it was obvious what was going to happen, but the nissan leaf is about the closest to normal i've seen an electric car, but £25k after £5k from the government, it's still not feasable as an alternative to petrol, though i don't doubt we'll have the technology for longer range, shorter recharges & cheaper batteries within the next 10 years or so.

Louie Walsh :zZzzzzZzzZzz

The last feature with the ex forces, best bit of the series, quite heart wretching in bits, i could only admire them for what they are trying to achieve, i really hope they succeed in the dakar. Bravo to them! Though, i wonder how the conversation went to get Ben Collins back on in the wildcat! He must have felt completley stupid when Hammond said 'careful what you say, he'll write a book! Looked a bit awkward lol!!

Soldato
I thought I was the only one to notice it was him.

Ben Collins.. Ex special forces driving instructor.. Might as well had a "I am the {sacked} stig" t-shirt on :o

Why would you possibly think that?

Richard Hammond spent a good 15-20 seconds waffling about him being the ex-stig :confused:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Why would you possibly think that?

Richard Hammond spent a good 15-20 seconds waffling about him being the ex-stig :confused:

Did he? I must have missed it :p

Was going by the single mention in the thread.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Wasn't too bad, but very half hearted effort production wise. No episode long story arc/international challenge this season, in many challenges they relied on two out of three presenters, there was even episode without Stig announcement. Best of Season episode will be about 15 minutes long, I just can't think of things I would put in there if I were editing. Either the boys are losing focus, being busy with other day tv commercial projects or Top Gear had their budget slashed threefold?

Back
Top Bottom