New Top Gear (2011) BBC 2 8PM!

Soldato
Surely the wheels could work like kinetic energy and the energy be reused?

I believe it does when braking and/or going downhill, but even then it's only good for a range of 100 miles.

The battery technology is what is ruining it. Too long to charge, too short a range. Solve those and it's a very decent alternative.

I do think hydrogen will get there first mind.

Soldato
Please, top gear love to shun thing they don't understand.
The electric car is at moment designed for inner city work, so taking them for a 200 mile journey is just them trying to show the floors.
then they go on about sodding hydrogen, an energy source that requires more energy to make than it gives out, so lots of power stations and nuclear plants.
Also fill up a hydrogen car up in the night go to sleep and you'll wake up with a empty tank due to the fact that no fuel cell can be developed to hold the stuff.

Battery technology like ICE will improve as the amount of money spent increases at least some companies are willing to invest in alternatives.

Soldato
I could go for an electric taxi

If they could introduce a 5 seat 4 door hatch or estate with a range of 200 miles minimum I'd be tempted I do a minimum of 120-150 miles a day and stick 20 quid a day of diesel in the tank hmm

Soldato
FULL respect to these guys.

Amazing what can be done isn't it.

I often think it makes our normal day to day jobs so miniscule, when you meet soldiers etc, who have lost limbs fighting for our country.
That we pretty much all just take for granted most of the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom