• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New toy incoming

Man of Honour
I have just had an email from OCUK about a new toy I have on the way.

Here is a clue as to what it is

Time to Napalm the GPU benches (well in a couple of weeks).:D

Build log Link

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Yup...although should have left it at two...I might expand my loop in Jan though. Much like you into the 900D! although your 4 R290s are going to solve world hunger.

I will be using the 900D but it won't have any rads inside. I will be using two external MO-RA3 420 rads with quick disconnects which should keep the cards cool and make building the PC a bit easier.:D

Man of Honour
OP
Awesome. I did consider external radiators but space is an issue, and with 3 cats, 2 dogs and a curious 4 year old I'd rather keep it all internal :D Start out small, 2x 420mm should do it :)

For me internal rads are not an option as I need to get two 1200 watt PSUs in there for those power guzzling 290Xs.:eek:

Man of Honour
OP
d3is.jpg

znqw.jpg

st5q.jpg

0zv5.jpg

I will be doing a build thread when I get started.:)

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah, that's mental. Is it just a case of running the 4th card off it or are you going to split the load generally? I've never looked into it TBH. Only recently started buying more than 2 cards, ironic given the price, it was the Titans that got me into Tri SLi lol.

Tri SLI Titans are quite happy to run on a single Corsair 1200i PSU, unfortunately 3 x 290Xs had no problem bringing the same PSU to it's knees.:D

I will probably run two cards off of each PSU.

Build log please :)

I will be starting one when I get going.:)

Man of Honour
OP
Board's looking good, are you going to make use of the OC panel that comes with it? The one I got with the Z87 Maximus VI is just in "normal mode" in one the bays of my case, but I'd imagine you're going to use it in "extreme mode" when you use it. :)

I am not sure, I will give the OC panel a go and see how I get on.:)

Man of Honour
OP
Yep, I had issues with 2 x AX1200i's

Even on stock bios with 3 Titans I had shut downs and lock ups

I wouldn't mind so much but I had the original AX1200 and had no issues,

just wanted the newer version - bad decision :D

I hope I have better luck

One of mine I have had for ages and used it with no problems, the other one is brand new so I will be keeping my fingers crossed that it works ok.

Man of Honour
OP
What speed are your pumps set to?

My hearing is not very sensitive so I have them on max (5).

Having said that in a system with high flow rates like my GTX 690 system where all it has to do is cool the CPU, this maybe is a mistake. The reason I say this is the pumps really thrash the water around the system and aerate it which in turn I suspect can lead to things growing and discolouring the tubing.

Man of Honour
OP
There is more Ambient heat in the LD more than the Caselabs because of the separation of radiators. Thats got nothing to do with your personal temps. Also you can put 3 psus in it all completely hidden from view like behind the mobo tray and in the pedestal and more importantly in parts of the case where heat is kept to a minimum. Its a nice case but there are better cases in my opinion. Its very bland looking case for one, but again that is my opinion, just like your opinion favours the LD.

The 900D spanks it in my opinion for looks and also what its capable of especially for the price. The LD your just paying for the name. Aslong as YOU are happy with it, then it dont matter.

I think you need to take another look at the LD cases, the rads are separated unless you count the one in the top of the case and that does not count as it is blowing the heat out the top of the case.:D

I also don't have a problem with the 900D, I own one.:D:)

Back
Top Bottom