• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New toy incoming

Man of Honour
OP
Go for the superflower 1200w platinum's 8 Pack mentioned, read a few reviews as well as what Gibbo has had to say about them, absolutely flawless and basically may as well be rated as 1500w Golds. Certain to be my next PSU anyhow :)

Just had a look, I will see how I get on with the 1200i's but if I get problems I will probably give the Superflower 1200's a go.

Man of Honour
OP
You have a 900D also. Ah well no cookies for you then;)

I did have a look at the MAGNUM STH10 which is more or less the same as the LD V8. The one thing that does stand out about the MAGNUM STH10 is it does not use screws to attach the panels. With the LD V8 it is a bit of a nightmare attaching the side panels as you have to deal with 42 screws.:eek:

Man of Honour
OP
Not wanting to be a spoil sport or anything, but why was this posted in the graphics card section when it is clearly about a new motherboard?

I get the feeling that if anyone else had posted it, it would have been moved straight away.

It is not really about a mobo, it more to do with my 290Xs and when I am going to have the four of them up and running. The only reason I posted it here is because I have been asked the question a number of times.

I will be doing a build thread but that will definitely not be posted here.

Man of Honour
OP

They picked up the "used 900D" today so I am waiting for the replacement one to come.

I was very tempted to order another LD V8 case like the one used for my Titans but the only problem there is they don't have anywhere for the watercooling hoses to come out if you are using external rads.

Man of Honour
OP
Played with the 900D this evening. It's a great case :)
Bit miffed the 360 rad I bought won't mount at the front though :(

What was the problem with the 360 rad, I was thinking about trying to fit my spare one in the front of my 900D. In the end I decided not to as i wanted to keep it simple with just two external rads.

Back
Top Bottom