New Trainers

Associate
i still need to purchase the all blacks with the white bottom:

skytoptufblkex.jpg

Where from in manchester? i just searched and the only place here that sold em 'exit' has closed, wheres good to get em?

Permabanned
My new Supes.........

imgp2242.jpg

I've not decided on the green or the burgundy yet.

imgp2244g.jpg

Interchangeable tongues and laces, they come with 5 tongues and 5 sets of laces

Background..........

The Superstar 80s is, for us, the definitive cut of a legendary shoe. We've been keen to play with this model for years - for 3Way, the opportunity arose. The problem with getting a Superstar to rework is that we found ourselves confused as to what to do with something so close to all our hearts without damaging that legacy, both personal and further reaching, and after all the attention it's had since it's 35th anniversary in 2005, what new looks can we bring to the table. First things first - this is a shoe that needs to be kept clean - there's no room for funny business. A nap suede was the original sample fabric, but this ultimately switched this to off-white nubuck. Yes, it's easily marked, but keeping your shoes fresh has been part of the challenge for connoisseurs since the days when copping a pair of Shelltoes was a Herculean challenge.

Correlating suede 3-Stripes and heeltab, a black stitch along the midsole matching the top metal eyelet, a perforated premium nubuck lining and matching suede footbed finished with embroidery are 'quiet' details that work as a whole to make this our vision of Superstar perfection.

Then there's the emboss on the heel depicting a knotted lace that represents four minds, as our three team partners made their mark on this Crooked Tongues creation. Oh yeah - we haven't mentioned the killer application yet. When the Crooked Tongues BK3 adicolor Century Lo was released to great success in May 2006, the all-black shoe carried our brainchild - a set of removable tongues, a kind of play on our name, that fixed in via a Velcro fastening, packaged with matching laces for completely different looks using a single base shoe.

Thanks to the designers at adidas Originals, what sounded like gimmickry worked well. Since then, it's a CT technology that's been waiting in the wings to strike again. It's back on this Superstar, the perfect candidate for our 'swap' application. Each team store was allocated its own embossed tongue - VA opted for a grey and yellow, D-Mop went for a snake-effect pattern that incorporates browns, ACU chose green and we opted for Burgundy as a trademark colour. A more impartial option comes in the shape of a black one that carries all the names. A collection of laces, including an off-white pair, greys, burgundies, greens and blacks means a perfect match, and for starters, 5 individual looks in 1 package without any compromises on quality.

Absolutely ****ing love them!

Soldato
G|mp, I bloody love those 'Supes and I'm not really a 'Supes man! From CT?

I need them.

Got a link?

You don't want them. Very poor Court Star's.

A mate bought a pair around a month ago, worn them a few times and they are already falling to bits. The front toe piece is coming away from the sole and the 'court star' logo / sticker is peeling away on the heel.

He had little water on the mesh sides, now it looks dirty. Hard to clean. Seems to just collect dirt.

IMO, I would stay away from Court Star's.

Permabanned
Utter bargain dude, especially when you see how much they were originally ;)

Make sure you plaster them in suede protector though before wearing them!

See you after your suspension :p

Back
Top Bottom