New Trainers

Soldato
I failed in the raffle also for those AM1s. I think it's unfair, I am not a reseller but wanted a pair. The only way to get them now is to pay those crazy reseller prices.
Have recently got 3 pairs of Terrascapes, not the 90`s but Tn`s (got a white, black and the blue thunders). A friend had a pair of the Terrascape 90`s and found they are less comfortable than the regular 90`s, maybe due to the recycled materials used.
Yeah its a pain in the ass. Im an AM1 addict so chase most releases. I think the Baroques are probably too dear for me at the moment and my least favourite, but the saturns are still dropping. Reselling winds me up too but its either join in and be part of the problem or miss out basically anything you want.

I luckily got exclusive access to the military black J4s so will be using money from those for either the saturns or the concepts far outs. Nike love giving me access to Jordans for some reason, but think the only AM1s I've won off snkrs since 2017 are the treelines.

Those sail/sea glass TNs are nice. If they go on sale Ill pick some up. I haven't really noticed a comfort difference but Ive not been in them all day.

Associate
Some more additions to the swoosh collection. Need to take a break after this lot, running out of space to store them and the Mrs thinks I have gone mad. Unlike most people, I appreciate the variety of Nike trainers series, which I guess can be classed as a problem.

Associate
I purchased some Nike Pegasus Trail 3 Gore-Tex shoes for dog walking. I wanted something good and grippy, with cushioning and waterproof. They've failed in all areas, bar the cushioning. There was very little tread depth to start with and after less than 9 weeks and covering 200km walking, they're already showing signs of tread wear which is premature in my opinion. But the worst part is the total lack of waterproofing from the Gore-Tex liner. From day one they've let wetness in. Even after hand-washing and proofing, my feet get wet just walking through wet grass. I'm considering sending them back as not fit for purpose/as advertised. I could keep them as a non-waterproof shoe, but they would fall short in that way too as they're not breathable enough.

88du5NB.jpg

25po7BC.jpg

IQhUnQa.jpg

Associate
I purchased some Nike Pegasus Trail 3 Gore-Tex shoes for dog walking. I wanted something good and grippy, with cushioning and waterproof. They've failed in all areas, bar the cushioning. There was very little tread depth to start with and after less than 9 weeks and covering 200km walking, they're already showing signs of tread wear which is premature in my opinion. But the worst part is the total lack of waterproofing from the Gore-Tex liner. From day one they've let wetness in. Even after hand-washing and proofing, my feet get wet just walking through wet grass. I'm considering sending them back as not fit for purpose/as advertised. I could keep them as a non-waterproof shoe, but they would fall short in that way too as they're not breathable enough.

88du5NB.jpg

25po7BC.jpg

IQhUnQa.jpg
I'd suggest trying the ACG range. I am afraid there will always be a compromise between buying a fashion brand's shoe rather than a one from a brand that only makes walking shoes.

Soldato
I see them go for about 250 just looking on ebay.

I'm really after a pair of Miami Vice TN's but they look to be about £300... I don't mind paying £140/150 every other month for a new pair but 300 is taking the mick.

Soldato
I see them go for about 250 just looking on ebay.

I'm really after a pair of Miami Vice TN's but they look to be about £300... I don't mind paying £140/150 every other month for a new pair but 300 is taking the mick.
I paid about £250, the issue was I had an offer on stockx but I didn't realise they were coming out in the US yesterday so the price cratered and I ended up buying at the top. I think it'll go back up and it's only £50.. not as if I didn't want them.

Soldato
I did find a pair on US Ebay, where I've got a lot of Nike Tech cheaper than the UK so it's paying off shopping around. I'll see what pops up. I do want a pair of triple red/lavas but they're really only found in Australia and that's gonna sting price wise as well.

Soldato
Lol fail. I mean I've had several of these, I should learn.

Like trying to buy a men's size of the recent air max day release, getting it totally wrong and getting a women's 7 (EUR size mix up) and a £45 import charge for my troubles.

And I'll do it again, I regret nothing!

Soldato
Picked up a pair of the Hu Tennis shoes, had 20% off code and a free £15 voucher so only cost around £50.

20220525-150654.png

20220525-150708.png

Really lightweight and comfortable.

Really like those actually :)

Back
Top Bottom