New Trainers

Consigliere
I'd suggest trying the ACG range. I am afraid there will always be a compromise between buying a fashion brand's shoe rather than a one from a brand that only makes walking shoes.

Echo this. I have these and they're wonderful:

Soldato
3655771024_305168db88.jpg

my nike sb piet mondrians, been in a box for about a year decided to pull them out for the summer

Hah I was just wandering around the start of the thread taking a break from work wondering how much a bunch of the stuff from back then would be worth now.

Ironically stockx just sent me their newsletter saying a pair of these just sold for £7000!

Soldato
Annoyed I waited too long for the neon denims I thought they'd hit sales and now my size is gone.

I got EA on the AM1 cobblestones this morning on snkrs. Another great pair in women only sizing that I can't fit, it's becoming a joke.

Ooh and just hit on the Madder root am1s on sns.

Last edited:
Soldato
How much were the vaults? Can only see womens on stockx somehow? Ive not worn any of the pack yet apart from 1 pair of my infras. Think I got most for about £60 in sales.

I see stockx doing no buyers fees today so Ive gone a bit mad on the bids but no one seems to want to try and meet me in the middle on anything.

I want blueprints, wabisabis, atmos 3.0 giraffes, concepts far outs and the travis saturns.

Soldato
I was meaning more the stockx price tbh.

Although the import duty on the Lumiere experience I had was practically a shakedown.

FedEx helpfully paid it for me (removing the plan I had to just not pay it and have the goods returned.. worth a try I thought), delivered the good anyway then started sending me final reminders with debt collection threats.

I can't imagine that's legal, otherwise I could troll the **** out of people sending them stupid goods from overseas and saddling them with bills?

Anyway, lesson learned.

Soldato
Ah yeah I know I mean the stockx price with it calculated in. Seeing people buying blueprints for under $200 same with a few other pairs, when it turns into £250+ over here.

If I didn't care about the boxes etc it'd probably work out cheaper to fly over with an empty suitcase.

I've been stung a few times like that but usually expecting it, the "fees" they add are a joke also.

Soldato
No you're missing what I'm saying. It's built into the price. If you log out you can see what a pair is asking without the duty then you can work out the difference.

Sometimes dont realise you've been logged out everything looks mega cheap, then you log back in and everything is 30-40% more expensive suddenly.

Soldato
Oh I see.. Well tbh the way I use stockx is I bid what I'm prepared to pay and sometimes I win sometimes I don't but I don't think I've ever just clicked buy.

Which means I often "accidentally" buy trainers because someone takes my offer, like with the volt 90s yesterday, I put that offer up weeks, maybe even months ago.

My main issue now is a new shelving solution tbh, I remember when I had a custom unit for 28 pairs made 18 months ago it seemed luxurious, right now I think I'm probably 10-15 pairs over.

Soldato
Yeah 100%, guess the root of what im moaning at is region exclusive releases are annoying. Be almost worth just flying out to the states with an empty suitcase if I wasnt so worried about the boxes.

I started off with IKEA kallax with dividers and doors but they take up a fair bit of space for the amount they hold. I have a mix of those with these Billy bookcases with extra shelves to hold more pairs. They are definitely more space efficient and the doors are good for keeping dust out. https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/billy-oxberg-bookcase-with-glass-doors-white-s69281804/

Won't take long before you fill whatever else you go for though I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom