New Trainers

Soldato
Some nice limited editions in here. My 270 air cushion has popped and they were my daily drivers. Ordered a pair of VapourMax as I’ve wanted to try some for a while but never wanted to pay the full price. They were on sale for £123 so I caved.

no idea if I’ll actually like them or not :o

Soldato
You wear the same size as me, if you're interested in a new pair of Air Max 90 reverse duck camo for retail let me know ;)
Ha they're a bold colour choice! Not sure I could pull those off :D

Anyone get the travis scott's this morning? I tried live and have a number of raffles open on them but obviously don't hold out much hope. Wouldnt have worn them tbf but turned them around.

Soldato
going to buy myself some nike air max on the weekend. dont want anything flashy or expensive or collectable. i have a nike outlet near me so going to head there and hope they have something.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone get the travis scott's this morning? I tried live and have a number of raffles open on them but obviously don't hold out much hope. Wouldnt have worn them tbf but turned them around.

Enter a few raffles and got nothing as usual. But not bothered, not something I need. Had the green pair and hated the side pockets, this pair has extra pockets.

Edit: spoke too soon, managed to win 1 raffle
Been eyeing the forums since release and had a low bid that finally triggered.

Loving the forums. I picked up the Orbit Grey pair, had too as ASOS had them 20% off.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have issues, but that's another point entirely.

I designed a basic outline of an app I wanted to build for this space. Essentially to help you look for the best buys/ flips and look at whether trainers you're holding are likely to increase/ decrease in prices, what new releases will affect that, what sizes are best to buy based on demand out there and sale opportunities etc.

Would love to hear what you lot think. Was thinking freemium model. Basic functionality free but more analysis and recommendations on a paid subscription model per month.

Comments/ feedback/ criticism welcomed :)

Soldato
I like the idea and I expect it would get a lot of traction too :)

KRdYin5.jpg

These just turned up. Not actually sure if I like them or not but it was a nice cheap way to try out a pair of VapourMax. If nothing else it's good it's a sustainable shoe!

(I wasn't watching This Moring. I swear)

Soldato
I escaped the room before that!

So they are indeed really squeaky but they're also really comfortable

I enjoyed the pair of Vapormax I had, they were fun to wear, I like how they felt on feet.

Not keen on the new design. The massive buckle on the front remind me of an ankle monitor

Last edited:
Soldato
I enjoyed the pair of Vapormax they were fun to wear, I like they felt when I walked.

Not keen on the need design. The massive buckle on the front remind me of an ankle monitor

Yeah I'm really pleased with how comfortable they are. I'd certainly get a new pair when I see a bright colourway I like.

The tag thing is a bit weird. Looks like i stole them from the shops! it does work quite well though - lets hope I don't forget how to tie laces!

Soldato
I like the idea and I expect it would get a lot of traction too :)

KRdYin5.jpg

These just turned up. Not actually sure if I like them or not but it was a nice cheap way to try out a pair of VapourMax. If nothing else it's good it's a sustainable shoe!

(I wasn't watching This Moring. I swear)

I've just ordered those in the same colour - They look very comfortable.

I got these a while ago - Nike Air Max 2 (1995)
These were the first trainers I bought as a kid (16) with my own hard earned money. Nike re-launched them in 2020 with some minor design tweaks so thought I'd grab them for some retro memories :)

49115158958_b1892ecd76_c.jpg

I also got these Limited Edition Air Max 97's, which are from a set where Nike ran a competition for the public to design trainers inspired by cities of the world

London

51150305286_74bdb056ac_c.jpg

Seoul

img

Last edited:
Soldato
They're remarkably comfortable essentially just feel like socks

So jealous of the London 97s had so many opportunities to buy them but never did. Biggest regret of last year

Soldato
I just can't get with the lines on the 97s. Just don't do it for me.

I've just ordered some IKEA Kallax units for my office and for our bedroom. The wife has already too many pairs of trainers that they fill up our downstairs toilet/ shoe space, so will be putting a unit in our room for all her trainers and I'll no doubt keep mine in my office. Obviously have LED strips ordered as well... duh!

Soldato
I've just ordered those in the same colour - They look very comfortable.

I got these a while ago - Nike Air Max 2 (1995)
These were the first trainers I bought as a kid (16) with my own hard earned money. Nike re-launched them in 2020 with some minor design tweaks so thought I'd grab them for some retro memories :)

49115158958_b1892ecd76_c.jpg

Love this pair a lot. They are surprisingly comfortable. Mrs mocks me everytime I wear them and calls them dad shoes though...

Soldato
I just can't get with the lines on the 97s. Just don't do it for me.

I've just ordered some IKEA Kallax units for my office and for our bedroom. The wife has already too many pairs of trainers that they fill up our downstairs toilet/ shoe space, so will be putting a unit in our room for all her trainers and I'll no doubt keep mine in my office. Obviously have LED strips ordered as well... duh!

Make sure you get the glass shelf inserts and doors to go with them also. Can fit 2x pairs per square then!

Back
Top Bottom