New Trainers

Soldato
Ive put about 20 pairs up for sale today. Mostly jordans and yeezys. I pretty much just wear air max 1, 90s, 95s, dunks, and ultraboosts nowadays.

It shouldn't be this difficult to get rid of them even though you know you wont wear that pair. There's always that niggling voice saying they will be worth even more in another years time. I'm either at the stage where I need to make and climate control a storage unit or buy a container to store them all, or start slowly shifting some pairs.

Not sure whether we will see demand die off a bit or continue to surge, will be interesting over the next year or so. Going from the stock market, crypto etc, whatever I do the market will do the opposite. As is tradition.

What size and where lol?

This :D

Soldato
Uk11 mostly and eBay/stockx. Everything priced pretty high for now though as I'm not in a big rush to let anything go too cheap.

Will try and dig out another 10-15 to list in the next few days. Got ea for the cool grey 11s the other day they will probably go straight up for sale.

Thinking get rid of all j1 highs and mids, maybe my 6s, and all the pairs I bought to stock and sell later and then see how I feel from there. I hear once you start you don't want to stop. Can't see myself selling off much of the air max collection but who knows.

I don't even really know how many pairs I even have, I think I stopped counting when it got over 300 a year or so ago.

Last edited:
Soldato
Uk11 mostly and eBay/stockx. Everything priced pretty high for now though as I'm not in a big rush to let anything go too cheap.

Will try and dig out another 10-15 to list in the next few days. Got ea for the cool grey 11s the other day they will probably go straight up for sale.

Thinking get rid of all j1 highs and mids, maybe my 6s, and all the pairs I bought to stock and sell later and then see how I feel from there. I hear once you start you don't want to stop. Can't see myself selling off much of the air max collection but who knows.

I don't even really know how many pairs I even have, I think I stopped counting when it got over 300 a year or so ago.

Dam, my slabs are too big.

Although that is probably a good thing, if I buy any more Trainers the Mrs will kill me :D

Soldato
You joke about the thick socks but I have to wear them with my wotherspoons and 350s.

In fact the yeezys are a little annoying, tts is slightly too tight, half a size up is slightly too big.

It's a first world problem I'll grant you.

hux

hux

Soldato
Finally, a proper pair of trainers that the purchaser will actually wear :D

Adidas have some interesting shoes coming out. It will be interesting to see how the Takumi Sen 8 stacks up against the Nike's upcoming Streakfly

And the consensus is I love them, but the laces do pinch from the very slim tongue.
But they're super grippy, fast and I get no runners toe from them.
The Takumi Sen 8 sure does look good, and I'm a big fan of lightstrike pro
But I'm curious about the Adistar for when I decided to do ultras.

Just got a pair of Hoka clifton 8's which I love, they are so comfy and will be my daily's for a long time.
Bagged myself some New Balance rc elite 2 Ldn for £135, but I'll keep those for march when I race.

hux

hux

Soldato
@dwarf
Guess what I've gone and ordered :D
Screenshot-20211205-115142621.jpg

Last edited:

hux

hux

Soldato
Amazing! Let us know how you get on with these.

I love my NB RC elite 2's. One of the most comfortable running shoes I've had. What a bargain at £135. I do find the Nike Vaporflys slightly faster though.

I'm getting on a bit at 47, so do tend to look more into comfort than speed.
Anyway just got the rc elite 2 London, and already I adore them, so springy and lovely, I felt myself needing to go out and run for the sake of it.
But it's terrible weather, and these will be my race shoes so I'll wait until it's better.

I'm very curious about the Takumi, as they share elements with the primex only being able to compete with the things of course.
But I'll let you know what I think, soon as they come
P-20211207-190112.jpg

Soldato
Ha congrats. Definitely a pair Id love to own at some point, though I've only got 1 pair of 180s, the Baroque Browns, and they haven't been worn yet.

Similar happened to me with the denham 90s last week.
Im definitely going to have to go and remove some bids until after Christmas.

The sell off is going ok so far with jordan 11 jubilees, jordan 1 university blues and jordan 4 shimmers going this week.

Soldato
I've already officially run out of space and about to cover a wall in another room with shelves...

YEBMUGg.jpg

The fragment and clot sacais are the latest additions but since this pic I've also added the OG colour of air max pre days and pollen jordan 1s which arrived yesterday.

Hoping to get the grey clot sacais this weekend!

Still very keen to add silver bullet 97s and the original colour of air max 180 to round out my early air max OG colourway collection.. bit of an obsession obviously.

where did you buy the cabinet from?

Soldato
Ha congrats. Definitely a pair Id love to own at some point, though I've only got 1 pair of 180s, the Baroque Browns, and they haven't been worn yet.

Similar happened to me with the denham 90s last week.
Im definitely going to have to go and remove some bids until after Christmas.

The sell off is going ok so far with jordan 11 jubilees, jordan 1 university blues and jordan 4 shimmers going this week.

Got the denham 90s at retail on launch.

You've prompted me to do the same actually and selling 2 pairs of 1s, 1 dunk and a pair of ASICS I really shouldn't have bought.

where did you buy the cabinet from?

It's custom, I got a carpenter to make it.

Back
Top Bottom