New Trainers

Soldato
I really dislike the direction Adidas have gone in. There's not many i'd buy, the Yeezys are absolutely horrid!

I've just ordered a pair of Air Max 90 USA Denims in the sale, really like the look of these, can't wait, however, i'm not sure whether to wear them or keep them to see how they age, it will be my 2nd investment shoe. Opinions?

Opinion on the look of them or the future value? :)

I think just about any 90s or 1s are cool but realistically if you picked them up in the sale they're unlikely to be worth retail/more than really any time. There are plenty that are launched on SNKRS or are limited and aren't worth more than retail so I wouldn't call them an investment as such.

Soldato
I really dislike the direction Adidas have gone in. There's not many i'd buy, the Yeezys are absolutely horrid!

I've just ordered a pair of Air Max 90 USA Denims in the sale, really like the look of these, can't wait, however, i'm not sure whether to wear them or keep them to see how they age, it will be my 2nd investment shoe. Opinions?
90s dont usually shoot in value. Even most of the collabs dont go huge.

But saying that once GRs all disappear, sit on them for a few years you can probably get double or so for them if you find a buyer who really wants them.

A lot of my GR air max 1s I bought in 2017-2019 go for double what I paid.

Trick is to get them on sale for £50-70 right before they go out of stock.

Eg is the spruces and concords. Think they came down to £60ish and starting to rise a bit now. Same with the recrafts I got most of mine for less than £70. Imagine they'll go for double that soon enough

Last edited:
Soldato
Woke up to the news that I've bought some OG Air Max 180 off stockx, thats a key part of my OG collection secured :)

Well 1) careful what you wish for and 2) a christmas miracle.

The 180s turned up and they STANK of smoke and looked like they had a 40 a day habit themselves they were so stained, definitely never worn but yellowy brown nonetheless. For knocking on for £300 not good and no use even to put in my cabinet as they stank the room out.

Expecting a fight I exercised my right to withdraw from the contract with StockX (it had occured to me as seeing as I pay them and there's no direct contact with the seller they can claim all they like to be a platform but distance selling regs surely apply) and hallelujah if they haven't just refunded me.

I'm back to square one but it's better than being £300 down for some very yellow very stinky trainers.

Soldato
Wow that's shocking! Hope you don't have a fight on your hands with it. That's sucky.

Already done, for anyone who needs it there's a cut and paste exercise on their site where you basically reject the goods.

DO NOT remove the stockx tag, take pics, tell them you want to exit the agreement.. done.

Admittedly I made it fairly clear I would have scrapped endlessly on principal so that may have helped.

Soldato
Seems like a footwear Christmas this year.

Bought the Mrs some solovair boots and some fur lined docs. She surprised me with some special. I'd looked at this colourway for the jeans I have but went for grey in those. The 8.5 is perfect for me, the 9 in jeans always felt a little bit. I'm a 9 in Nike but will be going 8.5 in 3 stripes now.

Last edited:
Soldato
20220106-120551.jpg

First pair of TNs and a big impulse buy but loving them in person.

Soldato
Still waiting delivery on my airmax 90 USA Denims, they apparently landed in NZ on Sunday and i've had no tracking info since! In the mean time, I picked these up from Footlocker, i really like them.

51804648010_bd400c36ce_b_d.jpg

Soldato
Still waiting delivery on my airmax 90 USA Denims, they apparently landed in NZ on Sunday and i've had no tracking info since! In the mean time, I picked these up from Footlocker, i really like them.

51804648010_bd400c36ce_b_d.jpg

Which model are these? I love salomons but they will not last longer than 6 months with me working in them.
@soundb0y I've seen those on solesupplier and I am sorely tempted. That would be my 4th pair of TN's.

Which model are these?

This is the current lot.

1VSxf1Q.jpg

Like the lacing on the scripts, may have to copy that.

On a separate note im still loving the adidas freehikers for work. Ive got 2x normal pairs and a pair of the gtx, and I cant fault them so far.

Soldato
Which model are these? I love salomons but they will not last longer than 6 months with me working in them.

It's just the Speedcross 3's, we don't get the GTX here in NZ for some reason. I've had 2 previous pairs of the GTX, one back in the UK, and one I bought from Wiggle and had them delivered to NZ when they were on offer, I was probably one of the only people in NZ to have them as they weren't available here at the time. NZ is so behind, these are just getting popular here now after about for 7 or 8 years in UK!

Soldato
How do you find they fit? Ive got some freeride pros from about 2013 that could do with replacing but heard they had become a lot narrower in the toe.

I have quite wide feet anyway and have got two other pairs of these already. The are are also sized quote large (or so I found)

Usually i'd go for an 11, but the 10 in these size more like an 11 so I went for a 10.5 which is "slightly" but not overly large but also has a slightly wider fitting

Soldato
As a complete trainer hype n00b, I imagine my question is going to be like someone deciding they want an rtx3080 and being confused why they can't get one...

I rather like the Jordan 1s, particularly the white black and red, or the white and grey ones, but there seems to be nobody other than dodgy looking third party reselling sites that I can buy them from.

If I want an rrp pair of Jordan 1s, what do I need to do? Do they "drop" like GPUs? Do I need a discord channel or something? I don't care about ltd edition etc, I just want some nice normal trainers from Nike directly, or a reputable shop like footlocker etc and to not be scalped.

Help appreciated!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom