New Trainers

Soldato
I assumed some on SNKRS are raffles, most are "who can buy it fastest" - is that not correct? Same for Size?, no?

For example, right now on SNKRS I could just buy the AJ1 Gore-Tex for £164.95 if I wanted them. Others are raffled, right?

My phone keeps logging me out of SNKRS too and when I log in I have to update my notifications again! V annoying.

Soldato
I assumed some on SNKRS are raffles, most are "who can buy it fastest" - is that not correct? Same for Size?, no?

For example, right now on SNKRS I could just buy the AJ1 Gore-Tex for £164.95 if I wanted them. Others are raffled, right?

My phone keeps logging me out of SNKRS too and when I log in I have to update my notifications again! V annoying.

Yes, virtually all the Nike SB Dunks are raffled, most collabs are as well. Then it goes on popularity/ hyped. Surprised the Rebellionaire aren't raffled tbh

Soldato
SNKRS is a hot mess.

Although I had also assumed they were basically all raffles of some description.

Like I go to "buy" and it says I've "joined the queue" and more often than not I'm told my submission "was not selected".

I'd basically assumed that was the way they all went and then if they didn't sell out they went on normal sale.

All assumption though, why they don't just raffle or even better raffle with some super robust single account checking thing I don't know. the daft part is I'd probably pay a subscription to prove I'm not a bot. Imagine how many fewer there would be if you had to pay even £1 a month to have access to SNKRS, suddenly having a thousand accounts makes no sense.

Not that they can't obviously see who these accounts are etc if they really want to.

Anyway... do I keep the Jordans or not...

Anyone want a size 9?

Soldato
Right so todays were all LEO drops.. interesting.

I agree that normal raffles would make more sense.

Preorders and waiting would make even more sense. I can't begin to imagine what Nike think they're getting out of creating a secondary market for practically everything.

Other than reps tbh, I only ever got to understand and then occasionally participate in reps because I was sick to death of taking Ls and the thought of essentially paying a reseller who had managed to create a false supply and demand imbalance made me a bit sick.

it's literally the exact opposite of what the raffles are designed for.

Soldato
The whole SNKRS/ Nike system of releasing trainers is corrupt from the top down. Backdoor selling, not doing anything about the use of bots.

it's all setup for the general public to fail.

No wonder the rep market is fire right now. The quality has come a long way, almost 1:1, for a tenth of the resell price.

Associate
I do wear all of them. I don't think I have a pair which I haven't worn atleast once.

Generally only wear them in the summer months when the weather is nice and dry.

They get a clean after every wear before they go back on the shelf. Sad I know....
I know exactly what you mean. I have quite a few pairs of Nike Air Jordans that I only wear once every now and then. Sometimes sneakers can be too nice to wear to often as they can wear down pretty quickly. Summer months are always best.

Associate
I would really like to get my hands on a pair of these ones I'd be well made up.

Ewing-33-Hi-USA.jpg
Ewing-33-Hi-USA-2.jpg
Ewing-33-Hi-USA-1.jpg

Soldato
I would really like to get my hands on a pair of these ones I'd be well made up.

Ewing-33-Hi-USA.jpg
Ewing-33-Hi-USA-2.jpg
Ewing-33-Hi-USA-1.jpg

I kinda like these haha, in a gaudy, jeremy scott kind of way. Still gutted i missed some of the US flag wings on ebay last year for cheap.

I'm not sure you've done it right :)

Example:

PXL-20220313-142208273.jpg

Always great to see a strong AM1 collection on here.

Think I've finally catalogued all mine, was quite tempted to get them all out for a pic until I thought of the logistics needed...

Back
Top Bottom