New tyre time

Soldato
I put some Kumho Ecsta PS71 on my Fiesta ST and they are brilliant, this is coming from pilot 3's. They have brilliant grip in both wet and dry.

Yea I've had Kumho tyres before they were decent enough. I don't think they are quite as good as some of the top end premium tyres but certainly a good option.

I put Falkens on my Fiesta for 72 per corner, down from 85 odd from black circles.

Proper happy with them, lots of grip and very comfortable in the wet :)

Be careful with those, Mrs had some (on her Fiesta funnily enough) and she had problems with tyre wall bulges. Just keep an eye out sure you be fine though.

Soldato
Try tyre shopper and tyres on your drive. Usually get good deals from them.

How do the pilot sport 4's compare to the pilot sport 3's?
Used the 3's before and they were very good, running f1's at the moment also very good but not quite the same league as the 3's, lasting much better though.

Underboss
Try tyre shopper and tyres on your drive. Usually get good deals from them.

How do the pilot sport 4's compare to the pilot sport 3's?
Used the 3's before and they were very good, running f1's at the moment also very good but not quite the same league as the 3's, lasting much better though.

They are supposed to be even better in terms of performance and grip
Not sure how longer or shorter they will last though

Soldato
I was thinking about new tires for my Ford Focus Mk2 (07) 1.6 TCDI which I've had about two months (my first car), its has a miss mash of a least 2 different tires/tire brands. Saying that the car seemed to be ok on the current tires when I tackled the M40 and M42 when it was ******* it down last Friday.

Still would a set of Michelin Energy Saver or Primacy 4 be a wise investment for a noob driver like myself.

Soldato
On my Focus I went for Michelin Cross Climate, the levels of wet grip are really impressive, looking to see how they fair around Matlock/Buxton in the winter but as long as they get me to work that's what they were bought for.

It did have Primacy's on before that, I had them fitted at Costco while I did the shopping.

Soldato
I was thinking about new tires for my Ford Focus Mk2 (07) 1.6 TCDI which I've had about two months (my first car), its has a miss mash of a least 2 different tires/tire brands. Saying that the car seemed to be ok on the current tires when I tackled the M40 and M42 when it was ******* it down last Friday.

Still would a set of Michelin Energy Saver or Primacy 4 be a wise investment for a noob driver like myself.

Eco (not budget, which is different) tyres like the primacies are ok on lower powered cars. Grip falls off massively in the cold+wet though I found, which means braking distances will get much longer.

Primacies last forever, which is the up side.

Associate
You could maybe get pilot sport 4s in that size for 80 folded pictures of her maj.
I run super sport 4s on my 5 and they are ridicules - just insane levels of grip when they get hot.

Makes me laugh and roll eyes a lot when i am in for tyres at my local, almost without fail everyone who comes in wants budgets - stupid idiots, the tyre is the only thing keeping you on the road, spend some decent £££s on it FFS.

I agree with you. But budgets do serve a purpose to a degree. Anyone who's looking to sell a car would be stupid to pay for premium tyres just to then sell it on.

Soldato
Most people are only driving FWD or AWD cars though, with numb overly assisted steering. They don't feel the difference in tyre quality as much. I've driven some cars which are so numb you struggle to feel when the fronts are losing grip :/

Underboss

I'm in Oxfordshire too, we hardly get snow here so cross climates are a bit of a waste as global warming is making our winters warmer.
So I would get same as mine, Dunlop fast response or if mitchilin pilot sport 4 isn't much more, get those

Soldato
I'm looking for some good tyres for the wet for my 207. The cheapy cheap ones on at the moment are like skating on ice at the slightest bit of damp.

Back
Top Bottom