New valve vr hmd

Soldato
It's hard to see them going with 2160 with a more consumer friendly device, as of what we know of the current rendering and the horse power that needs. That said, HP's device is based on the old school, and was pushed toward industry where the infrastructure cost becomes less relevant, and where you'd imagine a co like HP would rather position itself. We've no idea though with what Valve have been doing with the hardware, or how they might be manipulating things with the software, only with the certainty they've been evolving SteamVR, and working on controllers that very much project the image of valves innovation on the gaming front.

This is all very exciting,

I'm hoping that all the snips of information we've had over the last 2 or 3 years all come to fruition when Valve say more. They've had people working on the integration of the hardware, software, control method, and the games in unison for 2 years at a minimum.

The Boneworks presentation stands to even more meaning now, we could be seeing valve lead the way again. Halflife 2 led the way in the way physics were integrated in to games, it was the first shot that continued on to this day with m/k interaction.

And now we move on, we've seen the various indie developers showing us tech presentations of finger control and how manipulating objects can be amazing, we've seen the Boneworks on how they plan in integrating in to the main stream. If Valve bring that to any of their established IP that were once the forbearers of the success they had in the gamers eye's to market with the Index, then it's the game changer killer APP VR has been waiting for in the eye's of the likes of Mr Perfect Chaos above.

There's always a never know, there's been quite a few over the last few weeks that have either excited us, or disappointed. Absolutely everything though has pointed toward more mainstream adoption and acceptance, be it the Rift S, Quest, and Valves Index.

There's a badge stamped on each one of those devices for a target audience.

I have only one request, Ocuk can you live the pre-order page either before I go to work, or in the evening when I get home:)

Soldato
It's hard to see them going with 2160 with a more consumer friendly device, as of what we know of the current rendering and the horse power that needs. That said, HP's device is based on the old school, and was pushed toward industry where the infrastructure cost becomes less relevant, and where you'd imagine a co like HP would rather position itself. We've no idea though with what Valve have been doing with the hardware, or how they might be manipulating things with the software, only with the certainty they've been evolving SteamVR, and working on controllers that very much project the image of valves innovation on the gaming front.

This is all very exciting,

I'm hoping that all the snips of information we've had over the last 2 or 3 years all come to fruition when Valve say more. They've had people working on the integration of the hardware, software, control method, and the games in unison for 2 years at a minimum.

The Boneworks presentation stands to even more meaning now, we could be seeing valve lead the way again. Halflife 2 led the way in the way physics were integrated in to games, it was the first shot that continued on to this day with m/k interaction.

And now we move on, we've seen the various indie developers showing us tech presentations of finger control and how manipulating objects can be amazing, we've seen the Boneworks on how they plan in integrating in to the main stream. If Valve bring that to any of their established IP that were once the forbearers of the success they had in the gamers eye's to market with the Index, then it's the game changer killer APP VR has been waiting for in the eye's of the likes of Mr Perfect Chaos above.

There's always a never know, there's been quite a few over the last few weeks that have either excited us, or disappointed. Absolutely everything though has pointed toward more mainstream adoption and acceptance, be it the Rift S, Quest, and Valves Index.

There's a badge stamped on each one of those devices for a target audience.

I have only one request, Ocuk can you live the pre-order page either before I go to work, or in the evening when I get home:)

Would it be for sale other than on the Steam store? They already sell/sold hardware, have the storefront and shipping in place why compromise on margins.

Soldato
I was under the impression that Valve hardware was available elsewhere other their store front.

Personally I would see greater value in having the device entrenched in high spend tech bolt holes like Ocuk. No doubt they'll sell it from their store front, hard to see them not sourcing it out for more localised distribution and exposure though.

Associate
Do u think we will see this in UK same release date say USA or be a few weeks/months behind them , no idea why am looking at it really as had the VIVE the day it 1st came on overclockers , but still makes me go as white as a ghost after using it :(

Associate
It looks like it uses lighthouse tracking (the semicircular blobs), so I wonder what the twin cameras are for? Seem too far apart to be for passthrough / AR. There's something set to the outside of both of these as well, so I'm wondering if there's leap motion style hand /finger tracking integrated? Would make sense as that sort of data is most useful when you're interacting with (i.e. looking at) something.

Associate
What is the dual camera used for?
The dual camera brings real world into VR. Some VR content use the dual camera to scan your room and integrate it with the VR experience.

Associate
Is there a source for that? AR / XR was my initial assumption, but looks like they're set too far apart. Wouldn't that make everything look closer / larger than it really is?

Back
Top Bottom