New World MMO

Soldato
It looks like the player crash has bottomed out. If these numbers remain stable then that's easily a large enough player-base for AGS to continue development (that can't afford to take another "L" either). The trouble is the core design is poor, there's so much work to do, and I'm not sure how they're going to attract new players.

Soldato
Pity, the videos I've seen did look good and I might have been interested if it had a little more long term appeal. Looks like Elden Ring will be my next game.

I mean if you want something to play in the meantime for a good month or so and have nothing in your library that you haven't played yet then maybe give it a try, but if you got games to play then I wouldn't bother.

There's nothing out really until Feb when we get quite a few big game releases.

Associate
ags are addressing issues with the game it is getting better and have seen a growing number of new players

im hoping ags do continue to grow the game

as for end game it is a bit of rinse and repeat but isnt all mmos more dungeons are coming and the mutation system some time this month or next month

im still enjoying it and playing daily

Soldato
ags are addressing issues with the game it is getting better and have seen a growing number of new players

as for end game it is a bit of rinse and repeat but isnt all mmos more dungeons are coming and the mutation system some time this month or next month

I wouldn't say it's growing, it's to early to tell. It's balancing out as someone else said which isn't a bad thing in itself.

There hasn't been any big update to address anything, and past changes have often been for the worse. End game is practically non existent.

It's good you're enjoying it and I'm not saying someone shouldn't check it out, but for the games longevity and people that have already played it I'd suggest people come back in 6 months and judge it for whatever they do in the meantime.

Associate
Putting fixes directly to live was a bad idea. Then starting a PTR and still putting untested "fixes" to live is worse.
Having a bug report forum open to everyone just means when an exploit is found every who wants to will know about it very quickly.

The game is broken in quite a few ways and it is going to take a lot to fix it.

Soldato

It's not growing, it's lost 90% of its peak player count, it has stabilsed though, it's retained it's hardcore player base. So, it could still survive long-term.

Associate
Noticed AGS have released a new free DLC and have opened fresh start servers recently. Had a quick glance at the steam charts, seems to have given the game a nice boost for now.

Chatted to a friend who still plays last night, he was saying they’ve ironed out almost all of the bugs etc. The fresh start worlds are apparently nice as the economy is fresh and untainted by all the dupe bugs etc that broke the game upon launch.

Associate
I'd tried again recently, rerolled the level 26 character I had from a magic user to a bow and spear and found it to be much more fun. I had planned on trying to reach 60 before the new content dropped to jump straight into that zone but got distracted near the end and only managed to get to around 50ish.

I thought best to carry on my old character as the new starter stuff was only up to level 25 and didn't I fancy a fresh start. That might have been a mistake though, I found it to be a better solo experience than launch and was engaged for much longer, but I could see that the server I was on was pretty lifeless, even when at capacity. Starter zones were barren and outside of a couple of elite areas I practically never saw anybody else in the world, or even groups moving around in PvP. There's snippets of a fun game in there, but sometimes it feels like a real chore to find them.

I might go back in time to hit 60, but as of now the motivation to carry on has gone away again.

Soldato
Noticed AGS have released a new free DLC and have opened fresh start servers recently. Had a quick glance at the steam charts, seems to have given the game a nice boost for now.

Chatted to a friend who still plays last night, he was saying they’ve ironed out almost all of the bugs etc. The fresh start worlds are apparently nice as the economy is fresh and untainted by all the dupe bugs etc that broke the game upon launch.

They paid a ton of content creators and live streamers to promote the game and gave out free codes. It's brought a wave of people back and for a game that doesn't require a sub you'll most likely get your moneys worth.

But give it a month or two and it'll be dead again IMO. They have fixed a lot of the stuff but the main problem wasn't the bugs (besides the game breaking currency issues) but the lack of end game.

Associate
Heres the thing as someone who quit after the initial month came back many times for all updates but hit the same problem time and time again that being literally no endgame.
They have transformed that 1-60 journey into a much faster leveling experience aswell as a much more enjoyable less mindless running around experience too, it really is a very good leveling time.
Once you hit 60 via the old world content you can enter the newly released Brimstone sands zone, its a great zone but has maybe 2 days worth [for the average casual player] of story quests which give legendary weapons as rewards.
After that we are hit with the same issue of no endgame.
Endgame consists of chest runs and the odd mutated dungeon.
Unfortunately the year it took to get the base game to a great state has really halted any real content additions.
It would have been great of the past year since release went into adding content instead but its understandable as they needed players first and fixing the 1-60 journey is their attempt.
The future does look good however and once they start rolling out new endgame activities ill be back.

Caporegime
They must be spending a ton of money paying all the influencers to pay this turd, literally one of the most pointless and boring MMOs to ever exist
level up for the sake of it, do the exact same thing every level.

combat is dire and just button smashing, how many weapon types are there now about 5?

if they just left it as a PVP game like intended probably everyone would have been playing it... gamers don't want pvp wahh wahhh the casuals cry...

The same casuals playing csgo, fortnite, apex, and overwatch? league of legends? dota? are they not pvp games? PVP seems to be the most popular type of game as always

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom