New York 5 days - Feb

Soldato
Major bad result using airalo too, no connection at all on subway and for some reason, incredibly slow to sync Google maps, even with 100% 5g signal regularly waiting 5 mins to work....
Pretty frustrating.

The tall building and skyscrapers **** with the gps. We had a hell of a time to begin with but then ignored the blue dot and went old school.

Caporegime
The last breakfast..
Happy sad :p
Nzti8Ny.jpg

Caporegime
My first day to myself. Think I'll go do some cycling and photography in Central Park and possibly a skate park. Washington tonight/tomorrow :D.

Soldato
Weekends suck too for subway and path always repairs going on. I think we just got unlucky too, having 2 weekends in 10 days .

Major bad result using airalo too, no connection at all on subway and for some reason, incredibly slow to sync Google maps, even with 100% 5g signal regularly waiting 5 mins to work....
Pretty frustrating.
So many little fails on this trip making it a touch more stressful than it needed to be.

You live and learn.
JnzIgr1_d.webp

Caporegime
See we went for 6 days and that really WAS NOT enough at all.
I know. Id agree. We did a day to Washington DC by train and we got hugely delayed both ways and it just turned into a chore :p that messed up our next day too.
Amtrak staff are hilarious though..

We had days ruined by wind and weather too, too slow to adapt and another half day was "blown away"

Caporegime
Holiday blues in effect. Had a great time though, packed in lots of sites and activities including some wonderful bars and restaurants. I think any time I can sync with a companion voucher, might tag along with my wife - so much more to do and see there.

Caporegime
Yeah ..... Same here life is pretty slow here in ass end of nowhere compared :p

We looking at Japan now, but flights have crept up a lot. The Swedish krona is as weak as a kitten.

Soldato
I go in July, arrive Friday evening and leave Wednesday evening. I have a Mets game on the Sunday and plan to go to Coney island on the Monday, so that leaves me Saturday, Tuesday and basically Wednesday to see stuff and my mum decided to buy me a 5 attraction Explorer pass to use when I am there, was thinking using one for luna park at coney island, which gives me 4 to use across the other 2.5 days I'm there. Thinking ill do a cruise for one of them, then maybe one of the bus tours (Brooklyn, Queens and Bronx sounds quite interesting). Just need to think what to do with the other two entry tickets i get. I have been to New York before, so have done Empire, Top of the Rock, Intrepid, WTC Memorial.

I'm going to be based near times square and also want to walk Brooklyn bridge, go to Grimaldis and then walk round DUMBO, so might do that after the baseball, but in reverse.

Anything people would class as a must do on this list - https://gocity.com/en/new-york/attractions

Back
Top Bottom