Newbie comp builder needs some help :P

YAAAAAY

It worked! :D

I guess the thing wasn't getting a chance to boot because it switched to the HDD so quick. Weird problem. :S

Omg that is such a load off my mind, atleast now i'll know what to do if i mess up again.

Thanks so much xirokx for your help (and everyone else).

w00t :D

Yeah, good thing i decided to buy all new parts or else i woulda took some outta this and would have been stuck without the net. XD

Also just realised i hadn't hooked up the little FDD power connector up. It's been sandwiched been my graphics card and my Scythe Ninja. Guess that'll be the card coming out then. :P

YAAAAAY

It worked!

patience is the key, excellent I am chuffed for ya :)

Also just realised i hadn't hooked up the little FDD power connector up. It's been sandwiched been my graphics card and my Scythe Ninja. Guess that'll be the card coming out then. :P
you get a manual with the mobo just triple check everything is connected before you blow something.....

Run memtest the dos version to ensure your RAM is working fine, run it for a couple of hours...I believe everyone runs test 8....

Once stable and running for a few days try overclocking it :) Don't stop here.....

You have good components so will be able to get it to run faster than at stock....go to dfistreet forums you will find help to overclock there....

Get programs like a) speed fan to monitor temps b) prime95 required for overclocking c) memtest86+ for ensuring your RAM is stable

Thanks so much xirokx for your help

Where do I send the invoice :D

No worries.....

Haha, thanks for the advice. I've never oc'd before but i want to give it a go. I actually bought the mobo and CPU on the basis that they were meant to be good for that sort of thing.

But first i'll play some games. I've had Oblivion on the shalf since release and i haven't played CS:S in over 2 months. Been starved, gaming-wise. The PSU on this is way past it and every time i start a game it gets noisy... Like holiding the vacuum to your ear noisy.

XD

Thanks again, though. Just gonna install Windows now.

you **** be able to overclock the cpu, RAM and the gfx card......but as you say 1 step at a time just run it for 2 weeks and make sure all is stable etc....

Perhaps GFX: PowerColor ATi Radeon X1900XTX has something to do with the noise when you start gaming as they are noisey buggers......before u change your psu just double check....

good luck and enjoy your new pc....

Nonono. all the components i listed are brand new. The comp i'm on now is the one with older components (a 300W PSU and a 6800GT >_>).

I couldn't upgrade much ont his because i'm on an AGP mobo, with an Intel CPU. And the case and fans and things suck too so i thought i'd blow all my money on a new rig. :)

Back
Top Bottom