• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Newbie needs help!

Caporegime
No restricitons as you can see.

Thats what I was hoping wouldnt be the answer lol. But I'd rather have a properly working card I suppose! Would you say get a direct replacement?

I would get a direct replacement. Hopefully the MSI 7850s are not having the same issues as the MSI 7950s. You would be unlucky to get the same problem again.

On the plus side, you have a nice and tidy case :) Good build.

Associate
Without putting your hand on it you should feel the heat on the top part of the pcb if its hitting 85..

Just before you send it back try taken the card out and putting it in the PCIE slot below it, just to make sure it’s nothing stupid like a bad connection, this I doubt but still will only take a min to try..

Nice Build :)

Associate
OP
Do I return it to the retailer on the manufacturer?

Cheers guys :)

Not so tidy around the back though :/

20121124_165807.jpg

Caporegime
The retailer. Tell them you wish to return it as it is faulty.

Still tidier than mine is on the opposite side. I have to hold the side real tight to get the thumb screws in :D

Associate
OP
The retailer. Tell them you wish to return it as it is faulty.

Still tidier than mine is on the opposite side. I have to hold the side real tight to get the thumb screws in :D

Right I'll give them a call Monday morning then! Hopefully I wont be graphics card-less for long! I've been excited for weeks about building this thing so its a bit of a let down to be honest lol

Haha luckily the R4 has a nice amount of room behind the MB tray!

Thanks for all your help gregster! Much appreciated!

I've just realized I love using exclamation marks don't I!

Soldato
Do I return it to the retailer on the manufacturer?

With a brand new card, return to the retailer, for a refund (under DSR if bought online).
Then order another.

When it's such a new card, you don't want to go through replacement procedures. If the card they replace it with is also faulty, or they don't find a fault, you are stuck with possibly weeks or months of faffing around.

Associate
OP
Thanks MeMe..Me.. Thats what I'll do if I return it then, only problem is I'll lose money doing that as I'll have to pay the return postage. Think I may just ring them and see what they say

What would be a good test of this issue?

I played Left 4 Dead 2 for a while, and I didnt even hear the graphics card fans!

I've just run Heaven benchmark on high settings and it didnt get as bad as the results from playing Crysis. Does this still look suspicious:

Heaven.png

GPUZ.gif

Back
Top Bottom