Poll: Newby ghost photo - ever proved a fake?

Do you think the Newby Ghost photo is real or fake?

• Real

• Fake

Results are only viewable after voting.
Associate
The explanation that its all in the mind is just living in fantasy land. Ghosts are most likely some sort of undiscovered science based phenomenon.

Ahh yes, I was going to comment on your usage of the word ‘quantum’ a few pages ago, because unless you have a Masters degree in physics I can guarantee you don’t know what it means any more than I do.

To me the people who blindly ignore everything as not real and think its all in the mind are not facing reality just as much as the ones that blindly believe all ghosts stories are real.

If you’ve experienced something, then that is necessarily YOUR experience and by definition means nothing to me. Until you can reproduce it for someone else to investigate and analyse, it is nothing but an anecdote.

You claim to have experienced something but don’t know what it is, which is absolutely fine, but your answer to what it is should be ‘I don’t know’, not ‘******* ghosts!’.

Man of Honour
I once experienced a revelation. I could see the knowledge of how reality worked displayed on a wall, not in my mind.

But of course it was in my mind because everything I experience is filtered through my mind. Just like everyone else. In that particular case, I do know the explanation. I was off my head on LSD. But I experienced that revelation. I knew that the secret of reality had been revealed to me on the bathroom wall. It was there in the moving geometric shapes on the wall, completely clear and understandable. I saw it. I understood it.

On another occasion I experienced a non-human presence in my bedroom. I knew it was there in the room, not in my mind. I didn't know exactly what it was, but I knew it wasn't human. I could see that it wasn't human and, more importantly, I knew that it wasn't human. I know the explanation in that case too - it was sleep paralysis. I'd much rather have known about sleep paralysis before I experienced it - I was terrified. I understand why people who believe in such things believed they were being tormented by a demon of some kind.

Soldato
“You claim to have experienced something but don’t know what it is, which is absolutely fine, but your answer to what it is should be ‘I don’t know’, not ‘******* ghosts!”
Perhaps you missed some of my posts as isn’t that what I have been saying all along. That I believe the ghost phenomenon is real but not undead souls instead some undiscovered science-based phenomenon instead of being all in the head. Pretty sure I said that more than once that I don’t believe ghosts are dead people only that the phenomenon is taking place in the physical world. Yes if I experienced something its nothing but an anecdote to you but that doesnt change the fact that the event was real and really happened. Plus when a large number of independent people are experiencing similar things all over the world not in one location, that is a form of evidence in itself. Not 100% proof but it lends credence towards what is being said.

To be clear while I am arguing the ghost phenomenon is real I am not arguing for undead ghosts being real. I am arguing against people saying its 100% fake and all in the mind.

And your evidence for this is...?
Not enough to prove to you that its real but enough to prove to the people involved that its not in the mind and some sort of real event. Multiple people witnessing the same events and in some cases physical objects involved so its impossible to be in the mind like some of the make believe people in here think.

Soldato
You'll probably notice most people believing in ghosts also believe in things like "karma" or "god" and other superstitions.

I was having chat with some flat earthers a couple of years ago when they popped up in our town centre with some billboards... of course he started talking about the bible as well.

Caporegime
Soldato
What is your point? That doesnt remotely apply to my posts from what I can see.

I really don't think it matters whether you think they're the undead or a scientific pheonomenon. They are the latter - there are no ghosts.
What matters is if they are not ghosts they what is the physical phenomenon that is happening that is being mistaken as a ghost. Something physical is real and happening.

You'll probably notice most people believing in ghosts also believe in things like "karma" or "god" and other superstitions.

I was having a quick chat with some flat earthers a couple of years ago when they popped up in our town centre with some billboards... of course he started talking about the bible as well.

Ah I see, you mean they are stupid or gullible. Makes sense.

It funny but gullible is one of those "adopted" words and not an actual word in the English language.

Man of Honour
I'm the biggest sceptic on here but witches are definitely real and I've been talking to one this afternoon.
Whether you consider her a 'real Witch' is another thing but she reckons she is, does all the stuff associated with it and she would have been burned a few hundred years ago.
Of course there is zero evidence that witches ever did anything paranormal but that's another debate.
The biggest surprise is the first record she bought was Bucks Fizz Making Your Mind Up - that confirmed it for me.

She also lives very near you @Malevolence

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I miss having the ability to add fake votes to a poll. Could have added some top trolling in to the poll results ;)

Soldato

Might already have been posted but has some theories about why people get weirded out in certain situations.
It's a bit early to be watching such a lengthy video, but I seem to remember reading something some time back about how the underground can generate all manner of infrasound, and infrasound can really mess with your head and cause you to see/hear all manner of weird ****.

Back
Top Bottom