Next England Manager

Honestly @jaybee - no English manager has ever won the English Premier League, so why d'you think one would be the best choice to lead the English national side?

Has a foreign manager taken England to a final and won? That's the more relevant question. The premier league is a different landscape.

Our German manager will be playing against his home country which presents a slight conflict of interest obviously.

I doubt he would sabotage the wars over it's not about life or death, it's best interest for himself to win

Last edited:
I have no response to that lol
Well played.
That's literally what my post said as well.

Not to mention Princess Victoria of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld (Marie Louise Victoire; 17 August 1786 – 16 March 1861), later Princess of Leiningen and subsequently Duchess of Kent and Strathearn, was a German princess and the mother of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom.

And Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson...

I remember Sven getting stick, Capello not so much, but assuming the majority of the outcry now is due to him being German.
There isn’t really an outcry from the fans, the majority are pleased with the appointment it’s mostly the media and ironically some of the lefty pundits like Neville and Lineker who pertain to promote diversity and inclusion within football.

There isn’t really an outcry from the fans, the majority are pleased with the appointment it’s mostly the media and ironically some of the lefty pundits like Neville and Lineker who pertain to promote diversity and inclusion within football.

There was a ridiculous article on the BBC as well, it made some absolutely stupid statements.

Last edited:
I think countries should be obliged to field managers who would be eligible as players; but since they aren't - it'd be foolish of England to be precious about the nationality of the gaffer. Pick the best person for the job.

What have Neville and Lineker said?

Its all a ploy by the pesky German FA, get the best qualified coach available installed as England manager and tell him to tank any chance we have of qualifying for the world Cup.... 9000 iq move by them.

Thought this was nice to read:

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta was asked what it says about English coaching as the Football Association could not find an English coach: "I understand opinions and feelings but that is the responsibility for the FA to say 'okay, the first filter is only English managers or the filter is any manager from any country and we select the best for the moment we are in right now'. I understand it can feel sad for some people not to have an English manager there and the history tells you as well how important this could be but I think I would take a lot of pride that a lot of managers would do anything to become the English manager.

"That is related to how we are treated in this country. How much we love the passion, the respect, the history and the way things are done in this country. I can say personally, you feel so related to where you are even though you are not from here. I think that is a huge thing."

And he was also asked if he ever got into international football if he would only want to manage Spain: "No. I tell you right now, the feeling I have this is like home. I have been here 22 years, I have that feeling towards it. I always feel respected, welcome and inspired by this country. The legacy and the history of football and how you get treated daily. As a country you should be so proud of it."

Of course for some of you he's not English so...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom