• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
Could anybody send me a link to the PartAlert discord please?

I was in it already but deleted by accident when I was tidying up some servers and have spent over 2 hours trying to find an invite online

Associate
I have seen also yesterday here on OCUK stock for 6700XT but a scalpers price over £600

At the end of the day this is a business and there are many people willing to pay that money because of mining and also because of the lockdown many people can't spend their money so happy to pay whatever it cost.

Associate
I have seen also yesterday here on OCUK stock for 6700XT but a scalpers price over £600

At the end of the day this is a business and there are many people willing to pay that money because of mining and also because of the lockdown many people can't spend their money so happy to pay whatever it cost.

Its not too bad a price relative to some other retailers! I've seen a 6700xt listed for £850 :cry: which is more than auction sites, mental. I think retailers are targetting miners / new miners jumping on the bandwagon late as you cant scalp something at scalp price.

Permabanned
Its not too bad a price relative to some other retailers! I've seen a 6700xt listed for £850 :cry: which is more than auction sites, mental. I think retailers are targetting miners / new miners jumping on the bandwagon late as you cant scalp something at scalp price.

But even as a new miner, jumping onto the band wagon, is a waste. Buying a GPU to mine, at these prices is not profitable, they would be better off becoming Scaplers that's more profitable.

Permabanned
Unless you plan to hold ETH for a few years. I'm hoping to pay capital gains tax!

Nvidia are revamping Ampere Silicon to stop ETH mining for good. They are giving their new 3060s a new die, the GA106 silicon to restore the Ethereum anti-mining limiter.

Nvidia may also revise its other Ampere silicon. Which power the 3090,3080 and 3070. So it appears that Nvidia is fed up of miners using Gaming GPU to mine so they are undertaking a crusade to stop cryptocurrency miners.

Soldato
Well, when you say fed up, I think really it's a two fold thing, firstly they are probably not loving the bad press from the gaming and enthusiast communities they are getting for all this and secondly and perhaps more importantly they are keen to segment the mining market in their product stack by trying to force the miners to buy their mining cards, they are trying to keep both markets obviously and save face doing it. Ultimately with a silicon shortage and a shortage of fab capacity, weather they can actually do this is the question, because I think most people realise under such circumstances you do need to take resource from one to add to the other if you can't supply both fully, but this depends on the fab process, how the binning is done, waste and all that though as to weather it's really quite that simple though of course.

Back
Top Bottom