NFL 2016 Season

Caporegime
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 37m37 minutes ago

The initial diagnosis on #Packers WR Jordy Nelson is a torn ACL, source said. Horrible news. Awaiting MRI results to confirm.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Enjoy the season guys.

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Soldato
Is anybody else secretly hoping for Tebow to come and takes the Eagles all the way to the Superbowl?

Can't be just me, right?

Guys?

:(

Soldato
Is anybody else secretly hoping for Tebow to come and takes the Eagles all the way to the Superbowl?

Can't be just me, right?

Guys?

:(

I'm a Gators fan so Tebow is great in my eyes, never understood the flack he gets/got in the NFL. He's not the only player to flop.

Go Bucs.

Any of you going to the IS games in London this season ? I've got tickets for the Miami/NY Jets and Detroit/Kansas City games.

Soldato
I'm a Gators fan so Tebow is great in my eyes, never understood the flack he gets/got in the NFL. He's not the only player to flop.

Go Bucs.

Any of you going to the IS games in London this season ? I've got tickets for the Miami/NY Jets and Detroit/Kansas City games.

I was out in the US on my honeymoon for 4 weeks during Tebows last year with the Gators, caught a fair few games so kinda adopted them as my college team.

I'm actually a Broncos fan, but if I had a second team it would be the Eagles. The decision to trade Nick Foles really did surprise me after his breakout year in 2013.

Associate
Who's feeling pessimistic this year? As a Steelers fan I am worrying close :o

Arguably the best running back in the league Bell is suspended for the first 2 games for smoking dope behind the wheel (incredibly stupid but at least it's been known about for a while).

Our number 2 receiver Bryant suspended for 4 games due to failing multiple (I've read 3) drugs tests for dope and he has only been in the league for 1 year. :confused: Alarm bells for the next Justin Blackmon. 1 more failed test and it's a 12 month ban.

After having 1 of the worst secondaries in the NFL last season Troy Polamalu retired (which is a huge loss) and the guy that was suppose to replace him (Shamarko Thomas) has just been bench for having a terrible pre season. At CB Ike Taylor retired and the 2nd round draft pick CB Golson is out injured for the season.

Despite that the 4th round draft pick at CB Grant didn't even make the 53 man squad. Massive waste of a 4th round pick. Even Pouncey at centre is out injured till at least the 2nd half of the season.

To top all of that up 1st game of the season is against an angry Patriots team with an even angrier Tom Brady :eek:

We also have statistically the most difficult schedule in the NFL this season.

As a result I think I would be happy with a 9-7 record this year. How do you reckon your teams will be doing in 2015?

That is pretty stressful load, even though I support a fairly successful team. God knows how you fans of smaller teams get by. I've almost forgotten the dark pre Roethlisberger days. Even then Kordell Stewart wasn't that bad. I don't even know how Browns fans even get out of bed in a morning given their QB history :p

Soldato
As a Raiders fan, I'll be content with a 16-0 season and winning the Superbowl, with all games shutouts and Derek Carr breaking every single QB season record.

Or you know, a season with more than 4 wins.

Associate
Apparently Australia is going slightly bonkers over rugby league star Jarryd Hayne, who has been selected for the San Francisco 49ers despite never having played American football at the elite level until three weeks ago. His pre-season stats included more rushing yards per carry than any other NFL player, and second in average punt return yardage.

Here's some of his rugby league highlights(other NFL highlights on YouTube) -

I don't know if he'll be a success but he seems to irritate quite a lot of American NFL fans who see an inexperienced rugby player doing well as a threat to American exceptionalism. :D

Associate
Hayne has done very well in pre season and against the odds made the roster for the 49'ers....despite never playing a single game of American Football prior.

Here is the highlight reel of his pre season plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b93PkYhRZOc

He is still learning about plays from Scrimmage but has been devastating at Punt/Kick returning, and good at coverage.

Apparently he should make the the special teams unit, but will probably remain 4th string RB until he improves in that area.

I think he is a potentially exciting player and hope he continues to get opportunities to improve through the regular season.

Associate
As a Bears fan I'm realistic and therefore know we will be bottom of the division this year. Even though I expect improvements under the new coaches the roster has been mis-managed for years after the damage Emery did.

We need to restock D and at some point find a better QB or at least a cheaper one.

Still looking forward to the new season.

The rating on my NFL draft team was harsh; C-, 1-13 and proj finish last!

Associate
Was looking forward to watching the first Bears game of the season. Really annoyed that I can't use my game pass to watch it live!

Soldato
well pre season has gone as shockingly bad as it normally does for the rams, on the bright side this has beaten down any optimism i had for a decent season lol.

gurley's not set to start week 1 which he wasn't expected to but i'm hoping my doubts about using our no1 draft on someone already crocked doesnt blow up in our faces :(.

on the plus side we've got foles and i'm crossing everything i have that he shows as an improvement over what we've had for a few seasons at QB.

disappointed davis has gone to the browns i'd have liked to keep him as backup :(

Back
Top Bottom