1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL

Discussion in 'SA Archive' started by MrMoon, Sep 3, 2006.

1. MrMoon

PermaBanned

So who is here looking forward to the start of the season on Thursday with the Steelers VS Dolphins, im hoping for a great season like last year, also hoping the PATS make it to the superbowl this time.

I cant wait because its one of those sports where you just dont know who is going to win in he end.

So who here watches and what teams do you support

2. Curio

Sgarrista

Well my local team is the Packers (local by US standards, anyway...) and I'm hoping to see a game this season as my father-in-law works for a company that has a private box :) However, before I moved to the States I used to follow the Bills and I still have a soft spot for them - especially getting to those Superbowls in the early 90's and not winning a thing :o

3. sc(+)pe

Wise Guy

Really looking forward to Thursday, the off season seems just too long and there hasnt been any preseason on NASN this year.

Can't wait to see my Falcons on Sunday. :D

4. Big Kev

Capodecina

Looking forward to Tom Brady leading us to another Superbowl win, because after 15 years of supporting a losing team, I'm now used to winning. :)

5. BrenOS

Mobster

Really hoping the Steelers do the Dolphins, got £580 on it!

6. Smit

Soldato

Falcons fan :D

Although I don't think we are going to do very well this year.

7. nin9abadga

Wise Guy

yeah i'm really looking forward to it. the only good thing about the winter is all the sport that's on! i'm a partriots fan, when it used to be on channel 4 they were rubbish, but because they had england in their name i supported them :D

it's just a shame that the programme is on at 2am gmt!

nin9a

8. Morba

Caporegime

raiders to win the superbowl \o/

9. UKflames

Gangster

49ers fan here :eek: , have been through the good times :D and the current bad times. :(

Looking for a better season this year than last :rolleyes:

10. mcdermos

Wise Guy

I've not been an avid viewer since superbowl XXXIII. Does it still get show on terrestrial television?

11. IceBus

Sgarrista

Let's go Pats! Hopefully Brady can bring us back round this season and get to the Superbowl.

12. nin9abadga

Wise Guy

i don't think so, there might (and i stress might as i'm not entirely sure) be a magazine show on channel 4 or 5 but i've not watched one for ages. it's the reason i had to stop watching it, no sky up until a few years ago.

nina9

13. JPMslither

Associate

Channel 5 have shown the late game on Sunday and the Monday night game live for a couple of seasons now. You have to wait for the Baseball season to finish to get the Sunday night game live(around week 6-8) but i'm sure the Monday night game is live from week 1.

btw Bills fan.

14. Stoddy

Wise Guy

Redskins fan here. Shall be watching next Sunday :)

15. Loki

Asus Rep

Bears fan here. Hoping that we can turn last seasons good form into the road to the Superbowl 41

16. sc(+)pe

Wise Guy

Trading for John Abraham with our first round choice and managing to still get Jimmy Williams in the 2nd round was great work by our front office. And going by pre-season Jerious Norwood looks to be more than a better replacement for Duckett in which we got Ashlie Lelie to shore up our recieving core.
    Grady Jackson at 340lb should be the run stopping NT we need and Cris Crocker and Lawyer Milloy can defo lay the wood on recievers going over the middle.

Enough to beat Carolina for the division title? Im really not sure.
    But I am confident we reach the play-offs :D

17. Noble-Kebab

Wise Guy

i only support pats cos i support boston in baseball so keeping the new england theme going :p

other then that i like the dolphins

18. Loki

Asus Rep

If you goto the NFL Webby

Click on your team and its schedule and you can import their fixture list for the season to outlook

19. lemonkettaz

Capodecina

not into NFL at all, no nothing about it...

but i realy enjoy staying up for the superbowl final in feb, some reason i love to watch it...maybe because millions around the world watch it and its just one of those things to do.

but nah, i look forward to that :p

20. kdd

Mobster

What channel is nfl on? Used to watch it when it was on channel 4 thought the programme was great back then.