Nibiru..2012 the end?

Soldato
people have telescopes. what im trying to say. the government wouldnt be able to cover the sky to stop people from looking.

you cant deny to people that a bright object isnt hurling towards earth.

Soldato
Well if its as big as the claim and if its going to hit us when they claim it should be easily visible as has been stated many many times in this thread.

I thought we had established that it's not meant to hit us, as stated many many times in this thread. Nobody knows how big it is do they? Or how fast its traveling?Or its current Distance,location or direction to summarize otherwise is a lie.

Suspended
Well if its as big as the claim and if its going to hit us when they claim it should be easily visible as has been stated many many times in this thread.

And as I have said several times now, the contention is that it is approaching from under us. So how is anyone, apart from those in Antartica, going to see it?

Permabanned
Perhaps it has yet to become visible I would say it if it hasn't appeared by 2011 it's not coming, then perhaps we can see the end of this thread.

Have you heard of such technology as the telescope? These days they aren't just tubes and mirrors that sit on Earth, we also have them in space and those ones can see in all different wavelengths not just the visible.

Associate
And as I have said several times now, the contention is that it is approaching from under us. So how is anyone, apart from those in Antartica, going to see it?

The earth is inclined by about 23 degrees. Anyone in the southern hemisphere could see it. Want to guess where a lot of the world's advanced telescopes are?
There isn't a single direction it could come from that we would be unable to see it.
Not to mention the other ways it could be indirectly detected.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you heard of such technology as the telescope? These days they aren't just tubes and mirrors that sit on Earth, we also have them in space and those ones can see in all different wavelengths not just the visible.

Really you mean like the infra-red one just launched? Perfect for viewing such things as dwarf stars? Nasa owned so If they saw anything it wouldn't be withheld would it?

Soldato
The earth is inclined by about 23 degrees. Anyone in the southern hemisphere could see it. Want to guess where a lot of the world's advanced telescopes are?
There isn't a single direction it could come from that we would be unable to see it.
Not to mention the other ways it could be indirectly detected.

why are they all there ? why not NH? Do you think they knew?

Permabanned
Really you mean like the infra-red one just launched? Perfect for viewing such things as dwarf stars? Nasa owned so If they saw anything it wouldn't be withheld would it?

Oh right, because it's only NASA looking at the sky is it? How very silly of me to assume that other bodies, both professional and amateur, were also doing the same.

Associate
why are they all there ? why not NH? Do you think they knew?

They aren't all there. There are a few in Hawaii, north America and Spain for example. It's just that there is much less light pollution and radio interference, because the souther hemisphere is much less populated.

Also, how would they 'know' without having seen the damn thing in the first place.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
I thought we had established that it's not meant to hit us, as stated many many times in this thread. Nobody knows how big it is do they? Or how fast its traveling?Or its current Distance,location or direction to summarize otherwise is a lie.

If a dwarf star was within our solar system we would certainly be able to see it with the naked eye by now. If it isn't within our solar system the most it can be is 2 light years away, which would still be easily visible with a half decent home telescope.

Soldato
badcompany: so apparently only nasa looks at the sky. and because they launched an infra red telescope. they must be looking for nibiru.

loool

Soldato
Devils advocate time. :D
Question!
What sort of cost would one be looking at for equipment to see far enough and in the right spectrum to pick this thing up should it even exist?

I'm guessing it wouldn't be the layman in his garden shed with a cardboard tube and a few mirrors?

So, if its now down to only the seriously professionals with space positioned satellites, I could quite imagine them being "under the thumb" from the government if it was a serious threat to humanity.
Can you imagine the destruction of society itself if this got out into the public domain.

Associate
Devils advocate time. :D
Question!
What sort of cost would one be looking at for equipment to see far enough and in the right spectrum to pick this thing up should it even exist?

I'm guessing it wouldn't be the layman in his garden shed with a cardboard tube and a few mirrors?

So, if its now down to only the seriously professionals with space positioned satellites, I could quite imagine them being "under the thumb" from the government if it was a serious threat to humanity.
Can you imagine the destruction of society itself if this got out into the public domain.

If it was an asteroid a couple of kilometers across, i would guess at a couple of grand, and a clear dark observing site. (still well in the 'amateur' price range) If it is a Brown dwarf, a £30 pair of binoculars, or even the naked eye. Basically anything likely to hit us could be picked up by amateurs. There is a brown dwarf over 400 light years away that could be seen in a £200 telescope.
In short, this entire thread is largely bull excrement.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

New Zealand has some of the best telescopes because of their clear skies.
You really should do some research because you're making a right fool of yourself.
One man wrote a book about alien nonsense and you believe it.

Caporegime
I'm fairly sure I remember this was hyped to hit us about 5yrs ago and it never showed up, are people just going to continually extend the deadline?

Back
Top Bottom