Night Owls

Oh well, at least it's a boy. I dread to think of the sleepless nights a dad would have when their little girl reaches their teens... :p

my daughter is 5 on Halloween :D

But, with myself and 4 uncles we've got the bad boys 2 act down already and she's a massive fan of the teenage mutant ninja turtles, so she now knows how to fight :D

Got to bed at 5am woke up at 7am yesterday. That was a gym day too, and I went shopping at Tesco. I didn't feel "there" when I was out and about I was so bloomin tired but couldn't sleep as I ached...

It was horrible. Like being in a dream sort of.

I have Psoriatic Arthritis (PSA) and some nights my body would be on fire. Every joint in so much pain I'd sometimes just sit there and cry. I found lying down the hardest, crashing propped up on the sofa with some old film on I've seen 100 times usually helped me nod off.

Last edited:
Have only just come to, but was up most of the night. Birthday bash next door. Teen drama. Serious business.

So methinks, why not have some cheese, crackers and watch all Leprechauns in one night? Got bored. Came back to read some GD and, meh, booted up XCOM for a quick bash. Must have faded. And in my cheddar delirium I saw the future...

Soylent Green + casual GD fascism + XCOM; lol; rebels were fighting a pitched battle for the planet but resources were slim, and chances even more so; retaliation mission, evac failed; Skyranger got taken down and everyone got herded into a blacksite POW camp; magic!

Somebody swore outside. The party must have been winding down. But for me it was back to my imaginary prison.

After what seemed like weeks of solitary confinement and invasive procedures, I'd formulated a plan, communicated to other inmates via nothing more than a randomly oscillating lever in the shower rooms.

The details are fuzzy from then on. Last I remember, we were heading out naked into a moonless winter night, heading towards complex 13, where we were going to mutate our friend -- a talking bear -- into a giant fly to escape.

And now we are here. :p

Vigilo confido! Never again! :D

Good times.

Have only just come to, but was up most of the night. Birthday bash next door. Teen drama. Serious business.

So methinks, why not have some cheese, crackers and watch all Leprechauns in one night? Got bored. Came back to read some GD and, meh, booted up XCOM for a quick bash. Must have faded. And in my cheddar delirium I saw the future...

Soylent Green + casual GD fascism + XCOM; lol; rebels were fighting a pitched battle for the planet but resources were slim, and chances even more so; retaliation mission, evac failed; Skyranger got taken down and everyone got herded into a blacksite POW camp; magic!

Somebody swore outside. The party must have been winding down. But for me it was back to my imaginary prison.

After what seemed like weeks of solitary confinement and invasive procedures, I'd formulated a plan, communicated to other inmates via nothing more than a randomly oscillating lever in the shower rooms.

The details are fuzzy from then on. Last I remember, we were heading out naked into a moonless winter night, heading towards complex 13, where we were going to mutate our friend -- a talking bear -- into a giant fly to escape.

And now we are here. :p

Vigilo confido! Never again! :D

Good times.

Momma told me to say NO to drugs. ;)

Well my second attempt at a full night sleep using medication has not worked and I have upped the dosage twice. Found a useful insomnia support group on FB though which has some interesting advice though of course what works for one person does not necessarily work for others.

Well my second attempt at a full night sleep using medication has not worked and I have upped the dosage twice. Found a useful insomnia support group on FB though which has some interesting advice though of course what works for one person does not necessarily work for others.

If you aren't a shift worker, then get f.lux, Phillips hue lightbulbs etc.
https://justgetflux.com/

Last edited:

After years of strong medication, my solution was Melatonin pills.

Confirmed Sleep, Wake Cycle Disorder and it was all down to a simple chemical imbalance. My melatonin was releasing at the wrong times, so I would usually start nodding off at 10am.

After 4 years of utter hell , the fix was simple.

Whenever I start to feel myself slipping again, I spend more time in direct sunlight for a couple of days and it sorts it out. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom