Man of Honour
Nope, I was taking them and painkillers due to the chronic pain in my shoulder after the accident. I was switched from zopiclone to zolpidem for a while but now, nearly three years later I’m off them all and sleeping again (most of the time).

That's good news. Sleep is so important! I suffer from OSA which the sleep study uncovered for me.

Soldato
On a ferry and have been since about 8pm. Amazingly have held on to mobile signal the whole time. Unfortunately I have no idea what the actual time is right now - phone says 3:40 but it’s locked on to a French mobile network so I reckon it’s really 2:40.

Soldato
On a ferry and have been since about 8pm. Amazingly have held on to mobile signal the whole time. Unfortunately I have no idea what the actual time is right now - phone says 3:40 but it’s locked on to a French mobile network so I reckon it’s really 2:40.
Yeah was 2-40am you posted that
The fact its now 4--35am
Kind of says my insomnia hasn't improved

Soldato
Yeah it’s switched to UK time now. Still ages to go.

Weirdly I’m within 5 miles of the Isle of Wight and somehow still holding a French mobile network. Been pretty handy since I can never sleep on any kind of transport.

Soldato
Just sticking my nose in.
I'm usually up until around 3, either working late shift or just being up. I used to be up late playing games, but work and kids have mostly replaced that.

Associate
Ive struggled with getting off to sleep and then also getting a full nights sleep for a few years now, i think its mostly down to night shifts at work and then my body not been able to get back its rythmn when im back on days.

I have tho found a few things that do help in getting off to sleep and staying there, hopefully some of these tips could help.

1) Started taking CBD gummies hour or two before i plan to go to bed.
2) No TV or devices an hour before bed.
3) Read in the hour before going to bed / reading in bed.
4) Write down everything you feel is upsetting you / making you anxious or weighing heavy on your mind on a piece of paper and keep it next to your bed.
5) Having a cat on the bed ( This wont apply if you dont have a cat lol or borrow one ) The purring / snoring of a cat make me feel 100% relaxed
6) Having a weighted blanket on the bed, Not for everyone but the feeling of been covered and held slightly is comforting.

Even with all these's for me its not a 100% success but does help.

Back
Top Bottom