Ninja Coffee Machine

Soldato
Was about to order a Sage (for about the last 6 months) and noticed a video from Coffee Kev on the Tube about the America only available Ninja Coffee machine, which caught my attention.
So a few days on and by the magic of cookies I get an email from Ninja showing a hidden new offering that has many different cups in front of it and suspect it is the Ninja Coffee machine???

What are your opinions (please watch the video) and would you buy..

Last edited:
had read the coffeegeek review after mention in espresso thread -
couldn't see any tear down of the machine to show quality of construction since long term reliability/repairability are a concern for Ninja brand a maximum social media exposure blingy/genz company for me.
the big incompatible portafilter, I'm doubting it's made of brass.
Inbuilt grinder generally these are compromised in quality, versus more upgrade able separates.
(cv: rancilio, now Bezerra owner)

Should have added that the American machine is around the $499 mark, so I expect the UK will just change $ for £ as usual

If you are into coffee, get more manual one, like Gaggia Classic or something around that price.

If you just want espresso style based coffee, I would go pod machine.

I’m in the camp where if I want the faff, I use my Gaggia, if I don’t want the faff then I use my V60. The bit in between doesn’t make sense to me. However, I’m preparing myself to get a pod machine for the future Mrs because she can’t use my Gaggia and froth milk and just wants an easy life. lol

Sage barista is the right compromise between faff and convenience. Just replaced ours after 8 years of hard use.

Struggle to see why people would look elsewhere unless you are making coffee as a hobby like some people do.

Not for me, I’ll stick with Delonghi.
I’ve had quite a few bean to cup machines including Jura, and all but the above have had their problems.
That said, I’ve a few Ninja products and they’ve been spot on.

Last edited:
So also as we are dipping into try this and try that I will add that it has to be simple for the OH and include more than just Espresso, and to a degree I'm not bothered too much about making a cup of science...

Up till now I have been floating around the Sage The Barista Touch, due to it's simple interface and it keeps the OH happy.
The video in my opening post shows that the Coffee guy gives the Ninja machine a good review.

We are also a Ninja family as such, but that doesn't mean our minds are washed to only buying that product.

Last edited:
It’s trying to be a bit of a jack of all trades. Whilst it may review well its long term quality has a question mark, it may be great it’s just we don’t know.

As a SBE owner that’s been abused for nearly 9 years the only thing I’d replace it with is another SBE or their twin boiler version.

Back
Top Bottom