Ninja Coffee Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was just projection to be honest. I've watched Hoffman for years and he's never come across as a "whining wimpy sounding guy". I don't think he would have been as successful on the platform if that was actually the case.

Watching a review of a coffee machine and attacking the reviewer for the way they sound, rather than discussing the points made, says a lot.

Last edited:
I think it was just projection to be honest. I've watched Hoffman for years and he's never come across as a "whining wimpy sounding guy". I don't think he would have been as successful on the platform if that was actually the case.

Then that may have been just bad luck on my behalf that the only video he sounds like one, is the first I've ever seen.

He does make some interesting points, but I felt that he didn't like the machine before it arrived.

So also as we are dipping into try this and try that I will add that it has to be simple for the OH and include more than just Espresso, and to a degree I'm not bothered too much about making a cup of science...

I've still got the Sage The Barista Touch in my basket, but I'm not interested in inviting the neighbours around and showing them how I spent 4 hours making this coffee and now enjoy my willy waving.

I actually find his voice bizarrely soothing. Like slipping into a nice comfortable pair of slippers.

A voice imo that could bring those out of a long coma, to just get up and turn it off :cry:

He does make some interesting points, but I felt that he didn't like the machine before it arrived.

The criticisms were pretty much all factual, based on his experience of reviewing hundreds of machines. I wonder if you actually watched the whole video, because he certainly didn't give me the impression that he didn't like the machine beforehand. Of course he was going to be sceptical about new technology and a machine that tried to do everything, but he still praised aspects of it. His closing thoughts just sound like he'd like to see some changes and how the technology develops, considering this is their first attempt.

I've still got the Sage The Barista Touch in my basket, but I'm not interested in inviting the neighbours around and showing them how I spent 4 hours making this coffee and now enjoy my willy waving.

While I'd recommend the Sage over the Ninja, it will actually take longer to dial in a decent cup and won't be as easy for your OH to use. The Sage is more hands-on, despite having a touchscreen, and requires a bit more knowledge of coffee brewing.

Last edited:
The criticisms were pretty much all factual, based on his experience of reviewing hundreds of machines. I wonder if you actually watched the whole video, because he certainly didn't give me the impression that he didn't like the machine beforehand. Of course he was going to be sceptical about new technology and a machine that tried to do everything, but he still praised aspects of it. His closing thoughts just sound like he'd like to see some changes and how the technology develops, considering this is their first attempt.

Like I wrote above I struggled to watch the video, but did take a few pointers.
I'll try it again soon with subs and his voice turned right down.

While I'd recommend the Sage over the Ninja, it will actually take longer to dial in a decent cup and won't be as easy for your OH to use. The Sage is more hands-on, despite having a touchscreen, and requires a bit more knowledge of coffee brewing.

And imo is a better looking machine, just a shame that the OH will probably be put off as it is not a touch and go machine.
The other point, which I failed to mention above was I am predominantly a tea drinker (Assam) and she an instant coffee drinker and only really use my Nespresso or stove top espresso during the weekends, so the machine may well last us longer than a family of 2/3/4 that only drink from these machines.

Watching the video fully I was slightly wrong to tag him too early and he did produce a decent video with some good points that I took onboard.

He likes the machine and actually, for his high standards, the machine came away very favourably for the money.

For your use case, I'm not sure why you'd even be looking to spend nearly a grand on a coffee machine (Sage Barista Touch), to be honest. Even the cheaper Ninja machine seems like a waste.

For your use case, I'm not sure why you'd even be looking to spend nearly a grand on a coffee machine (Sage Barista Touch), to be honest. Even the cheaper Ninja machine seems like a waste.

What a silly comment.

Does it go off if I don't use it 3 times a day, 364 days a year?
Should I just rent one at the weekends?
Should I up my budget to £3000 and use it all week?

How is it a silly comment when you mostly drink tea and your wife is used to instant coffee and you've already got a Nespresso machine :confused: and you've made it very clear that she doesn't want anything that's not touch and go. I could understand wanting to spend that kind of money on a true bean-to-cup machine like a Jura E8, as that actually meets the requirements you've mentioned or hinted at so far.

There's only one person who's made themselves look a bit silly with their comments on this thread so far.

Last edited:
How is it a silly comment when you mostly drink tea and your wife is used to instant coffee and you've already got a Nespresso machine :confused: and you've made it very clear that she doesn't want anything that's not touch and go.

There's only one person who's made themselves look a bit silly with their comments on this thread so far.

Not happy with what we have.
She could work it out, but is happier with a touch and go machine, with the Ninja making it more simple than the Sage (we are not married)
TBH I made this thread just for opinions and the like and made a massive mistake thinking I would just get that and not end up getting pointed at by some posters.

Request made to have this closed!

Last edited:
I edited my post above, I think you should have a look at some real bean to cup machines if you are going to spend that kind of money as they are more suited to your needs.

The Sage would make a better cup if you learned how to use it properly, but it sounds like you run the risk of only getting half decent cups out of it and/or your partner will stop using it if it's too much of a hassle.

Request made to have this closed!

It's not that deep, who's the whimpy whiney fella now ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom