No almighty ZX Spectrum thread?

Associate
man I loved my numerous speccy's! Games, Lazer Squad and rebelstar / rebelstar 2 where awesome games. top down turn based combat :) also loved bruce lee, attic attack and manic miner. Ohh and I don't think anyone got through Shooldayz :) I just used to sit at my desk and catapult the teacher on the back of the heed when he turned around :) Soooo many awesome games on the speccy.

Associate
All top games there! Julian Gollop is a legend :)

Ahh just wiki'd him, didn't know he done laser squad and rebelstar, and now I know why I loved x-com... 2 player laser squad, ahh, your mate had to leave the room whilst you completed your turn so he didn't see the tv screen. had to keep an eye on what round you where on incase some cheeky punk (usually me!) pulled a double move to see where is squad was. :)

Soldato
Gunfright was my fave Ultimate game, I think the Western setting just clicked with me :) I should really take some pics of my stuff, I have all the speccies, including most of the disk drive interfaces too. +d, disciple, opus discovery, beta and mb02.

Associate
Ultimate Play The Game
Underwurlde was my personal favourite from them, but just looking at their catalogue it's no surprise that they went on to greatness with Nintendo.

I have a whole host of Spectrum regrets but one in particular was not trying harder with Head over Heels. I think I just got stuck and moved on....it's funny, the isometric perspective seems to be a very UK centric thing in gaming of that era.

Associate
The usual suspects aside, I have fond memories of:-

Scuba Dive
Valhalla
Penetrator
And some version of the Forth programming language (might have been White Lightening)

Last edited:
Associate
Oh, and Adventure D: Espionage Island.

I seem to remember playing this when I was about 12 and trying to do, ahem, something, to a native woman which always resulted in a native man turning up and killing me with his pointy stick. :D

Soldato
OP
I haven't heard of most of these games posted. There was a lot of games made however. I remember the horace series, commando, outrun, beach head, chuckie egg, donkey kong, spellbound, hyper sports, ant attack, harrier attack, paper boy, sweevos's world. And many more. Most memorable of all still manic minor and JSW.

Back
Top Bottom