No, not now surely....I cant believe it.

Soldato
i have saints row that got mashed up by my console so i might try toothpaste and if that dont work ill see if they can fix it instore for me some where :D

Soldato
I Tried to play GTA last night, and now my disc is scratched... :(
Thanks to the repair-cd link, i'm gonna try polishing it with t-cut tonight and see if it fixes it, here's hoping.

Soldato
Just for those interested... Lastnight i used T-Cut Safe - Cut, to polish the disc...
On powering up my 360 I got blocks all over the screen and it locked up, three reboots later and I got RROD :(.....

Not one to give up easily, I opened up the 360 and cleaned all the dust out, rebuilt the console, plugged it back in and powered it up... spent the next hour playing GTA again :)

So the good news is.. T-Cut can repair your scratched disc's :)
The bad news is my release day console is on its last legs :(

aob

aob

Associate
My 360 scratched 2 of my games so they were unplayable.

Place I bought the games from; "not their fault"

Microsoft; "not their fault", & "not microsoft games, can't help ya"

I got the console replaced eventually as I refused to use it again incase it should destroy a third disk, but I'm still €140 out of pocket for the 2 games it ate, 2 destroyed games no-one wants to accept responsibility for, so it must be my fault they got destroyed, I mean what was I thinking putting my games in my console and "playing them", I should have been more careful and never taken them out of their cases!

Soldato
Thats so lame! Really does make me mad that M$ and $ony cant make a decent console between them that doesnt fall over every couple of years

No need for the attack on Sony. They've not made an unreliable PS3..

As for vertical, My 360 is vert and after a spate of unreliable ones from the word go, the last one has been fine vertically for around 18months, and nr my heat generating plasma.. i'll probably go home now to a RROD... :rolleyes:

Soldato
sorry to hear about that - really sux. hopefully customer service will do you right.

PS - I have no faith in my 360 (allready had RROD and the new one makes strange sounds with the dvd drive, just a matter of time before that one dies too :() so now I buy all multiplatform games on PS3 (except RPG, FPS and RTS is PC of course)

Soldato
Well my 360 RROD'd again, in fact each time i turned it on, the display would show white bocks then the system would hang the RROD :( So I took it apart, removed the heatsinks from the gpu and cpu .... the amount of paste was laughable... cleaned the cores and heatsinks, applied new AS3 and rebuilt, all is working fine again, no more graphical corruption or RROD :)

Man of Honour
Well my 360 RROD'd again, in fact each time i turned it on, the display would show white bocks then the system would hang the RROD :( So I took it apart, removed the heatsinks from the gpu and cpu .... the amount of paste was laughable... cleaned the cores and heatsinks, applied new AS3 and rebuilt, all is working fine again, no more graphical corruption or RROD :)
It will come back, these are only temporary fixes.

Soldato
No matter what idiotic statement you use as a retort, it's still a fact. The XBox and GameCube were far more reliable.

I agree they were more reliable, But I wouldn't say "Far more" reliable.

Nintendo seem to be the console developer out there who have released console after console that's needed minimum repair.

I'm really excited to see Nintendo's next console, Because I'm pretty sure it'll be up there with PS4/Xbox whatever specs.

Man of Honour
I agree they were more reliable, But I wouldn't say "Far more" reliable.

Nintendo seem to be the console developer out there who have released console after console that's needed minimum repair.

I'm really excited to see Nintendo's next console, Because I'm pretty sure it'll be up there with PS4/Xbox whatever specs.

Fair enough. I've had 2 360's, PS2's and PS1's die on me and no nintendo product bar the analogue stick on the N64 (but that was pioneering technology) fail on me. The XBoz 1 was virtually bomb proof and check out this gamecube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRmPOByeXIw

Associate
No need for the attack on Sony. They've not made an unreliable PS3..

As for vertical, My 360 is vert and after a spate of unreliable ones from the word go, the last one has been fine vertically for around 18months, and nr my heat generating plasma.. i'll probably go home now to a RROD... :rolleyes:

lol - since I made that comment (based on read opinions from these forums) my friend went out and bought a PS3 from a well-known high street retailer. He got it home, plugged it in and......NOTHING! Apparently the store said 1 in 20 is just DOA, something to do with the Blu-ray drives. It wouldnt read anything he put in, but it booted OK.

So I think my comment still stands!!

Soldato
lol - since I made that comment (based on read opinions from these forums) my friend went out and bought a PS3 from a well-known high street retailer. He got it home, plugged it in and......NOTHING! Apparently the store said 1 in 20 is just DOA, something to do with the Blu-ray drives. It wouldnt read anything he put in, but it booted OK.

So I think my comment still stands!!

Well my friends PS3 works fine, So technically, your friend and my friend cancel each other out.

:p

Back
Top Bottom