NomNomNomNom...

Man of Honour
OP
I think 4.2 is a safe bet with those chips, and under water. It is probably more difficult to stabilise on a two-way board, but not terribly so. Maybe do 4.0 and leave turbo boost for an extra jolt on cores that need it?

Can't see that chipset drawing too much juice, coming form a server end of the market and only a single GPU to start with. A good branded unit should pull you through, as most reputable PSU OEMs tend to underrate their products, and hence there is more real power in them than on the label, albeit at lower efficiency ratings.

How demanding is your water pump for power?

Heh, well using turbo it would be on all the time :)

Not worried about the pump, more worried that the PSU is at least 650W, I always buy decent PSU's. But this board needs two 8pin connectors so I may have to invest in a new PSU and put the old one on MM.

Can't remember what I have in the machine currently :o

Man of Honour
OP
Man of Honour
OP
Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I found I had some slight changes in plan:

1. Found a stash of cash in the Paypal account, nice of em to release some funds that they had been holding back over an ebay resolution issue.

2. Discovered the PSU currently in Gemini won't cut the mustard for the SR-2 :( investigated various routes, but then the retailer who sent me the wrong blocks offered for me to buy something else instead so Coolermaster 1KW on its way to do the job :) (apologies to Tbag and Mike who I almost bought PSUs from) :p

3. With the remaining PP cash decided to get all new fittings as Gemini is using 8/10mm fittings and tubing and I have since moved to 10/16mm for fittings and tubing in my last builds, I thought I could bear sticking with the 8/10mm but I can't face it. So ordered:
a) 8 x straight fittings
b) 2 x 45° Fittings
c) 2 x 3/8" to 1/4" reducers (for the radiator)
d) 2m of XSPC black tubing
e) Some 6pin PCIE and 8 pin ATX braided extenders

That should do the trick as I have some spare tubing and fittings from old builds. :D

Friday should be build day if everything arrives on time :eek:

Soldato
Nay problem lad just glad your getting what you want with warranty etc :)
Well that looks like everything is in hand and i wish you best of luck with tommorrow will be keeping an eye out for the pics.

Man of Honour
OP
good skills biffa

looking forward to seeing your ppd total with the new addition.

Cheers rj,

I can't help it, I was trying REAL hard not to care about how this one looks, gonna try and leave it more ghetto-esque like it is now :)

13082010196-1.jpg

But I can't :(

I even promised myself I wouldn't mod the case. But I may get dremelitis at some stage of the cable routing part. *sigh*

Anyway, everything is set to arrive tommorow from various places.

I *will* resist the temptation to stick any gpus in there, I got a feeling they will only slow the CPU's down. That may change with newer clients but for now, its CPU powah all the way.

Man of Honour
OP
Missing parts finally arrived. This is what all the angst was about :rolleyes:
24112010283.jpg

Ohh blingy.. :p

Started a bit in my lunch break.
24112010285.jpg

Fans all on.
25112010287.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Specifications: