North Korea threatens US with a pre-emptive nuclear strike.

Associate
It's more a question of is NK dumb enough to do anything.

What I'm curious about is the reaction if they do launch missiles but they get intercepted in-flight and destroyed. Where does that leave everybody standing?

Soldato
OP
That is pretty bad luck though. The target of the only 2 nukes used in combat and they're being threatened with another dose.

Explains why the Japanese are under strict order to take anything out the sky should they launch one their way, they won't risk it again. China need to tighten their reigns on Nkorea and shut the kid up.

Associate
Because they are ancient enemies, because Japan did them serious harm in WWII and haven't really apologised, and because they are currently engaged in a territorial dispute

true - but japan did get nuked - wonder if the states 'appologized' for that ...
I remember reading that the nuke dropping wasn't just to get the war to end but a way to show the Russians that the US has power

Soldato
Warning, I haven't read through this thread. But how likely is it that China are using North Korea as a way to indirectly attack Japan?

If you mean to apply pressure over the island sovereignty dispute then I suspect this is the most likely reason for the current situation and that China is directly pulling the strings.

Associate
true - but japan did get nuked - wonder if the states 'appologized' for that ...
I remember reading that the nuke dropping wasn't just to get the war to end but a way to show the Russians that the US has power

And why would they apologise? Shame the yanks didn't use nukes in Vietnam, the smell of nahpalm wouldn't be the only thing the'd smell in the morning!

They also had a 3rd nuke ready to go as well if the 2nd one didn't send the japs the correct message.

Don't get me wrong I love the Japanese, life without playstation and hot skool girls just wouldn't be right!

Soldato
Warning, I haven't read through this thread. But how likely is it that China are using North Korea as a way to indirectly attack Japan?

I dont think its likely simply because china arent ready to move on anyone yet. and north korea wouldnt be willing to destroy itself simply to aid china in a dispute over an island.

Soldato
And why would they apologise? Shame the yanks didn't use nukes in Vietnam, the smell of nahpalm wouldn't be the only thing the'd smell in the morning!

They also had a 3rd nuke ready to go as well if the 2nd one didn't send the japs the correct message.

Don't get me wrong I love the Japanese, life without playstation and hot skool girls just wouldn't be right!

Nukes in vietnam? I dont think this is the thread for you sir, im sure theres a COD thread in the gaming forum.

Caporegime

I can't tell how serious you're being are if you're just woefully ignorant of why the u.s. was in Vietnam.
Them using nukes there would have been akin to them nuking London because the Tory party invaded Scotland.

Caporegime
just heard on the radio a US helicopter crashed near the DMZ...

http://news.sky.com/story/1078712/us-helicopter-crashes-near-north-korea-border

A US military helicopter taking part in a joint South Korea-US drill has crashed near the North Korean border.

A US military official identified the aircraft as a CH-53 US Marine helicopter that was carrying three crew and 13 other personnel during a training exercise.

There were no apparent casualties, officials said.

The Yonhap news agency had previously identified the helicopter as a UH-60 Black Hawk with 12 personnel on board.

The US official described the crash as a "hard landing" in Cheolwon county, which is on the border with North Korea.

The Korean peninsula is currently at a state of heightened military tensions, partly due to North Korea's anger over the ongoing South Korea-US military exercises, which it sees as an invasion rehearsal.

There are 28,500 US military personnel permanently stationed in South Korea.

Back
Top Bottom