(not another ;D) ebay sided with the buyer - I'm the seller

Can't type for toffee
Don
RSMD they now save the GPS location exactly where the signature happened

Great so we know a singature was added to a pda the postie carries with them 24/7 doesnt tell us where the parcel is.

We sometimes get complaints about deliveries at work postie clearly couldn't be bothered to do his rounds on the saturday... He then went back on the monday and stuck a card in the letterbox dated saturday saying sorry we missed you.... After the parcel had been delivered hours earlier

It tickled me when the recipient said they had it all recorded on their ring doorbell! Lol

Commissario
Friend of who used to be a Postie did time for stealing the mail. They take it very seriously.

I remember years ago some postie who worked at the sorting office changed his surname to Access. He then diverted letters from people paying off their Access credit card bills. He removed the chq's, sealed up the envelopes and put them back into the system. He then trotted off down to the bank and paid the chq's in as they where payable to Access.

He got caught, not sure how he even thought he would get away with it tbf.

I'm showing my age as the Access credit card is now Mastercard for the young ones reading this.:p

Soldato
OP
To update this:

So 4 phonecalls and a 3page letter (sent by email and to their PO box address) threatening small claims action and I've been refunded. :cry:

I highly recommend using the following email if you have issues (I had to do significant googling etc to find this). Ebay try avoid having any comms record that is not controlled by them.

[email protected]

Last edited:
Man of Honour
They should do like Amazon and need a password.
Had it with my PS5 and a few other high value items, they can't mark it as delivered without the password and it's only available to you.
To my surprise I had this the other day with the delivery of an SSD, it was only £118. The thing is the courier put it through my letterbox (I was out) and then phoned up to ask for the password after the fact. So theoretically he could have posted it in the wrong letterbox by mistake, or if I lived in a shared house swiped by a housemate.

It was one of those situations where I thought hmmm is this some sort of scam, should I just refuse to give the password, but the tracking thing at least suggested the courier had some to my street so it didn't seem worth being awkward.

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

I have tech stuff to sell but have never used Ebay so as a noob account there is no way I want to risk listing them just to be robbed. I was thinking of spending some months selling twee things before offering tech goods. Yet I still see many people selling things with no probs at all. Seems like a minefield lottery.

Back
Top Bottom