Not looking good for Andy Murray.

Soldato
OP
haha thought there'd been a new development but this threead is just really old, nice to see him with his 1st ATP winsince the operation, bloke is a legend

Yeah, I could have created a new thread but thought I may as well just update this one with some positive news after it was looking so bad for AM at the start of the year.

Good to see him get another win today. Apparently, he's the first pro to win a singles match on the tour after having major hip surgery.

Confidence in the hip/body and match fitness are definitely growing.

Soldato
I had the same surgery by the same Surgeon, it's a serious undertaking and a lot of BHRs have horror stories attached to them, although McMinn is the best out there (he invented it). The fact he's back at the level he is in this short a time frame is amazing quite frankly.

Soldato
Chuffed to see him back playing, I didn't think he would win again as quickly as he has done.

Is it possible to get back to where he was again? I guess age isn't really in his favour is it, at 32 he isn't over the hill but possibly not a great age to almost start all over again.

Soldato
OP
Definitely a good week for AM, it's been interesting watching him getting stronger and stronger over the last couple of months.

AM has said himself that he has hardly played over the last couple of years or so, rarely practiced, etc, so I'm hoping he can continue for a few years yet.

I think it's possible he could get back to his best, who knows possibly even better considering the hip is feeling a lot better than it has for a long time.

He's certainly come a long way from running out of steam against Tennys Sandgren after a set, to the fight he showed in the final against Wawrinka.

I bet he'd very much like to play Fognini again in the not too distant future!

Associate
It's great to see Andy back, not my favourite player but an incredible talent whose achievements are remarkable when considering he's played in an era containing 3 of the all time greats.

Now I just hope Del Potro can retune from injury to a high standard, even though he has admitted as he gets older it will be harder to do so.

Permabanned
Given Murray's age he potentially has 2 more years being competitive. He will never win the French so at best he has 6 more chances to win a major. He will need to get very lucky with injuries to other players or slumps in form to advance his career any further.

Back
Top Bottom