Not very often I like the Sun....

Soldato
...killing off manufacturing...
Did he really?

The data is two years old but the UK is the seventh largest manufacturing nation on Earth... some people need stop parroting what they read in the Mail and look at the data.

2007 Manufacturing output ($bn, 1990)
$1,724 United States
$1,084 China, People's Republic of
$978 Japan
$525 Germany
$318 France
$260 Italy
$232 United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
$214 Republic of Korea
$189 Russian Federation
$177 Brazil
$152 Spain
$148 India
$142 Canada
$106 Poland
$99 Sweden
$83 Mexico
$80 Indonesia
$72 Turkey
$72 Argentina
$71 Netherlands
$63 Switzerland
$63 Finland
$57 Australia

United Nations Statistics Division

Also:

2007 Exports of goods and services ($bn, 1990)
$1,410 United States
$1,280 Germany
$1,152 China, People's Republic of
$772 Japan
$652 Republic of Korea
$622 France
$560 Russian Federation
$532 United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
$467 Netherlands
$432 Hong Kong SAR of China
$366 Italy
$350 Canada
$285 Spain
$282 Singapore
$280 Belgium
$241 Mexico
$227 Sweden
$185 Switzerland
$163 India
$162 Ireland
$160 Austria
$152 Malaysia
$120 Australia

Man of Honour
You're black too!
Not really but I dance like a black man*

*This explains my success with the ladies.

Anyway back on topic...:p

Governments always change because we always get fed up of them, and as a tabloid the Sun has to follow pooblic apinyun. A real story would be if they did a piece supporting Labour!

Associate
Did he really?

The data is two years old but the UK is the seventh largest manufacturing nation on Earth... some people need stop parroting what they read in the Mail and look at the data.

2007 Manufacturing output ($bn, 1990)
$1,724 United States
$1,084 China, People's Republic of
$978 Japan
$525 Germany
$318 France
$260 Italy
$232 United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland......

There you go! Ruining the fun with facts.

Now I've heard the Sun is opposed to Brown, I'm tempted to switch votes and go for Labour. Put a finger up at Murdoch and his manufacturing of consent (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manufacturing_Consent).

The thing is: it doesn't matter which management team you vote in: the vested interests are still in charge. And yes - this is just a cyclical thing: we'll have the Tories out again and then Labour etc etc.

I just wish we'd give the Liberal Democrats a go (notwithstanding that bizzarre Mansion Tax thing...)

Soldato
Ahhh typical words from the Conservative supporting Sun. Its amazing how quickly the Sun has turned its back on Labour lately, i can see it in a lot of articles.

What the Sun fails to heed is that despite this massive recession (caused i'll add by Conservative funding bankers at Halifax, RBS, Barclays etc etc) the economy is still only 5X% of GDP in debt, compared to the 44% of GDP in debt we were in under the Conservatives when Labour came to power, odd given that there was no financial crisis and yet the Tories somehow managed to rank up that amount of debt.

Linky: http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=206

In my amazement to David Cameron and his constant speeches they always go along these lines:

Labour have wrecked the Economy and we can do something about it....
o_O OK what can you do about it?
Labour have wrecked the Economy and we can do something about it....
o_O OK BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT IT!!!
Labour have wrecked it.. now i studied Economics at Oxford (whilst smoking pot)
o_O so Dave what can you do to fix it?
Well this Govt is a farce but i will with my Oxford Economics Degree fix it
o_O how?
Well i will
o_O how?
I will
o_O How
Links on this:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=David+Cameron+says+Labour+wrecked+the+Economy&meta= plenty there

There is far too much bad press about Labour, people should look to see what the tories plan, if the spending cuts they propose then you are looking at least 200,000 people on the dole PLUS knock on jobs from them, plus additionally they would lay off tens of thousands from the NHS, where are they going to get the money from to pay for these hundreds of thousands extra benefits? I think i saw somewhere that the average jobseeker when on HB and CTB it works out at a cost of over £10,000 per yer.

Additionally they were on about cutting the Police force that people say aren't working. David Cameron bleats that the Govt has failed on crime... Gordon Browns easy answer on PMQT was "There are more people in jail than there every was under any Conservative Govt"

The sad fact is that next General Election we are likely to see the Govt Bought in not Brought in, the Conservatives have got their war chest loaded in one event a banker (i poo you not) donated £500,000... one hour speech moaning about the Govt but with no substance and £500,000 better off!

The expenses fiasco there was an outcry people demanded Gordon Brown make them release details. Moaned when it was taking so long, low and behold you can now see which of your MP's milked you the most, there was no thanks just the next one "Make them pay it back" quite a few have/will start to soon no thanks just the next one "Disgusting what Labour have done under these expenses"... how strange it is then that among the £500m worth of claims that it is Conservative MP's who between them claimed a massive £248m worth of expenses, meaning that all the other elected parties claim between them £252m.

Can't find the link but i read it in the Mirror when it all came out. Will try and find the link at some point. If i'm wrong i'll admit i'm wrong

Additionally education. Many people on here are probably moaning about the University fees etc that Labour brought in. The issue around this is that Labour brought in University fees because they brought in EMA to help more disadvanted youngsters be able to go to College (an area that i work in) and then College and University would not just be for the parents on good wages, but the parents on any wage can have their child given the opportunity to go to College and thus make the nation more academically gifted. This is often overlooked.

One thing i agree is that Labour have created a Benefits trap and should cut the amount of cash paid to long standing Dole Dossers (5+years).

Associate
Fairly standard anti-conservative rubbish

**Points at the last 12 years for a conclusive Anti-Labour argument. Just to back it up points back to the Labour Governments of 59 and 79.**

Although I admit to being cautious of Cameron. Will be interesting to see how he does.

Permabanned
People want the Conservatives in?

Have you seen what they want to impose plus they their track record of favoring the rich will not be great for the poor and working class.

We will freeze council tax for two years by reducing wasteful spending on advertising and consultancy in central government

Like to see that happen, least Labour know whats going on in the world and have handle the recession well. That is coming from a party that had the Poll Tax riots. If people on here say Labour never change, do you think the Conservatives will kept their promise.

Caporegime
Ugh... I was enjoying that until it basically said "let's go Tory".

Would rather see one of the radical parties get in and see some really big shakeups for a term. If the Conservatives win it will just be an exact repeat of the story above over the next 12 years.

Have we learned nothing from our history of the Labour-Tory see-saw?

The fact is, if everyone who doesn't want Labour, but doesn't want Tory's goes and votes for a radical party, said radical party will still massively fail to win, and the lack of extra votes for Tory's may just allow Labour to stay in power. Considering its highly likely anyone Labour has handed out money to and is promising to hand out more money to will vote Labour again.

Brown doesn't seem to realise he can't help the country get better, he's just the Labour leader and wants to win, because at the moment his job as head of the Labour party is to get re-elected and thats it. What we really need is leaders who will step down if they aren't good enough.

I don't rate the tories as hugely better, nor lib dem's, nor anyone else, but it really is the lesser of several evils this time around.

Who knows what anyone will do when they get in power, but I'm for certain not voting for a guy whose done nothing but promise to push through ID's at the cost of billions, insisting it will help security and a lot of other issues. He's now saying they are worthless, he was either lying before for years, or lying now, either way it couldn't be more clear their campaign promises will go unforfilled as most of their others, and he'll say anything to get re-elected.

The trouble is as much as we blame the government for this country going down hill, and they are very responsible for certain aspects, they aren't hugely at fault for simply put, the worsening quality of people we have in this country. I'm not talking about immigration, just people in general, of all colours and creed's, people are simply worse than they used to be. Whoever in charge no matter what changes they bring in, they can't change the people, anything short of rounding up every criminal and shipping them off to Aussie again and a lot of fundamental issues aren't fixable in this country anymore.

Caporegime
Brown should never have taken the top job. He lacks the charisma necessary to engage with the public, and he doesn't seem to have a clear vision about what he wants to do with the country. I give him top marks for economics, but 0 out of 10 for social policy.

Yeah claiming to have eliminated boom and bust and selling off our gold reserves at rock bottom prices was a stroke of economic genius.

Soldato
the Scum said:
And we believe David Cameron should lead it.
HA!

Conservatives are just the same as Labour, completely detached from the lives of real British people. Labour, tories and Lib Dems are all the same.

There are no voting options other than the extreme parties, who, lets face it haven't got a chance at getting into power. We're basically stuck in a voting hole and we have about as much choice as Iran did with their recent election.

Back
Top Bottom