NP: The now playing thread

Associate
front1.jpg

Associate
Stumbled across this track from Black Paisley, it's late 80s-style hair rock teleported to 2018. Listened to some of their other tracks and it was a melange of mediocre balladry though, shame.

A little bit of Buzzcocks.

And finally a laid-back, smooth as silk track from The Limiñanas.

Associate
Behind the game on this one, but much to my delight I discovered Alice In Chains released a new album in August - I really need to start paying more attention to upcoming releases. It started as a slow burner, but third listen in and I'm beginning to engage with the material. The ending to 'All I Am' is fantastic, the soundscape on 'Red Giant' and 'The One You Know' are typically brutal AIC. Thirty years in and Jerry Cantrell is still unashamedly putting out albums like it's the early 90s, and all the better for it.

I enjoyed 2013's The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here but I suspect Rainier Fog will quickly surpass it. It seems an album release from a band that are now well in synch with Duvall's vocals, and should be in my top releases from 2018.

Elsewhere, I've had Immortal Technique's The 3rd World on a lot over the last couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom