NP: The now playing thread

Associate
I have currently rediscovered this sort of music & I am absolutely loving it.

The only way I can think of discribing it is by saying it is jazz/swing but remixed/played by a DJ but still keeping very much to the original:

That genre is called electro-swing. Here's another you might enjoy:

Something I've just been listening to:

Soldato
That genre is called electro-swing. Here's another you might enjoy:

Something I've just been listening to:

Cheers Simon, enjoying that :)

Ah Charles Bradley, absolutely amazing.

Have you seen him live on KEXP?

HD & fullscreen, go!

Also, you might be aware but there is a film about him.Just watching the trailer gives me goosebumps:

Currently listening to this. I love all things Ellie Goulding, espicially this beautiful cover:

Last edited:
Associate
Ah Charles Bradley, absolutely amazing.

Have you seen him live on KEXP?

HD & fullscreen, go!

Also, you might be aware but there is a film about him.Just watching the trailer gives me goosebumps:

That song, The World (Is Going Up In Flames), is the only one of his I had listened to actually (purely out of my own ignorance!), but that live recording was great too. If you hadn't posted the trailer for that movie I never would have known about his life story and what he went through to get to where he is, so thanks! I shall definitely hunt out and buy his album now.

Soldato
That song, The World (Is Going Up In Flames), is the only one of his I had listened to actually (purely out of my own ignorance!), but that live recording was great too. If you hadn't posted the trailer for that movie I never would have known about his life story and what he went through to get to where he is, so thanks! I shall definitely hunt out and buy his album now.

I am glad to have shown you something new :)

The live one I linked is amazing isn't it, he sings with so much emotion so much so that it looks like he is crying at points. It is amazing that he released his debut album so late in life, he seems like he really deserved it being such a success. At first I actually (naughtily) downloaded his album but then bought it because it was so great & he really deserves the money.

Soldato
No Youtube links as I'm in work, but the new Death Grips album 'No Love Deep Web' was leaked by the group themselves yesterday. Some bloody good material in there. Shame about the album cover art though :p

Back
Top Bottom