NUCLEARUS BENCHMARK :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
not understanding the black art of OC..

hows this work ?

03......... BILKO1 - INTEL QX6600 @ 3600Mhz - 18,879

04......... gadget - INTEL QX6850 @ 3775Mhz - 18,477

would changing the ram or timings help ? so confussed !!

btw nice score :D BILKO1

shouldnt i have or get a better score with that cpu ?

Associate
lay-z-boy said:
Having a more expensive cpu does not guarantee you good overclocking or better results than others. Benching is down to the user in question.

not saying or said that i have a more expensive cpu just asking if my score should or could be better with my CPU as it got a 1333fsb and a further 1775mhz on each core than say someone like BILKO and for me i feel a bit disapointed PS i got the CPU for free and its still not even out :D

as im not into oc i dont understand it i'm running default setup on vista standard cfg. no tweeking or adjustments, just wonder if theres much more i can do.

would be nice to see what this bad boy can hit. if i knew what i was even doing.

Last edited:
Associate
depends on other processed running, ram timings, fsb speed, timings/latency on motherboard (usually invisible, but the cause of the difference in most boards having better/worse performance with same cpu/chipset/ram), luck to a big degree...

if you search out the winrar benchmark page, you will find 2 odd results in the chart, the top 2/3 is dominated by intel, save for 2 amd's of those 1 was running crucial 10'th aniversery DDR2 at something like 400mhz @ 3-3-3-8, the other (me) is also running much tighter timings than most others (DDR1 @ 281 @ 3-3-3-8-1T iirc) and has the older, lower latency L2 cache. the crucial thing in that bench it seems is mem latency. someone got 1000kb/s from a single core amd 64 @ ~2900 mhz with BH5 at something like 260 2-2-2-5 1T (that, doubled up would yield a 2000 score for an amd X2, and almost top the charts in theory at least!)

Man of Honour
Not bad for a "measly" Allendale core. Holding its own against the big brother Conroe's.

Hitting 55 at max load at the moment so I'm dubious about pushing it further.

untitled-22.jpg

Associate
gadget^ said:
not saying or said that i have a more expensive cpu just asking if my score should or could be better with my CPU as it got a 1333fsb and a further 1775mhz on each core than say someone like BILKO and for me i feel a bit disapointed PS i got the CPU for free and its still not even out :D

as im not into oc i dont understand it i'm running default setup on vista standard cfg. no tweeking or adjustments, just wonder if theres much more i can do.

would be nice to see what this bad boy can hit. if i knew what i was even doing.

My cpu is special too cant say too much Intel might come and get me :D I played with ram timings and tried different slots etc until i got a better score. I'm running XP pro sp2 no tweaks. I'm maxxed out now as on standard air cooling but i have ordered a 775 kit for my Mach 2 gt :)

Associate
Had to do a lot of tweaking and crashing compared to how simple my last top score was, but I've managed to improve my score quite a bit.

11x274xHT4_1.425vcore.jpg

:D

Come on, there must be someone on OCUK with a faster single core than me... Then again as my girlfriend put it "so that means your the top of the people who are using the old technology?" I think she hit the nail on the head..

EDIT: Mofo64 I've just noticed this beats your single core score on XS forums :D

Last edited:
Associate
verbal said:
Had to do a lot of tweaking and crashing compared to how simple my last top score was, but I've managed to improve my score quite a bit.

11x274xHT4_1.425vcore.jpg

:D

Come on, there must be someone on OCUK with a faster single core than me... Then again as my girlfriend put it "so that means your the top of the people who are using the old technology?" I think she hit the nail on the head..

EDIT: Mofo64 I've just noticed this beats your single core score on XS forums :D

Not far behind you! I'll have to try once I reformatted windows, this ones a bit screwed. Will running the memory in dual channel help at all? could take a stick out to get its speed up!

Soldato
E2160 @ 351 x 9 (gt_junkie's old chip)
RAM @ 1170MHz 5-5-5-15

nuc.JPG

gt_junkie said:
Think that's as far as i can push her without lapping the cpu and cooler!
try harder next time :D

Was hoping to crack 10K but it's refusing to boot any higher. :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Will run now.

Watch out for edit with results. :)

edit---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is.

Nucbenchmark.jpg

Not the best but it will get better. :)

Last edited:
Status