Number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in five years

Soldato
Figures from the Gender Identity Development Service (GIDS), which is the NHS's only facility for transgender children based at the Tavistock Centre in north London, show that 84 children aged between 3 and 7 were referred last year, compared to 20 in 2012/13.

The number of children referred to the service under the age of ten had also seen a four-fold increase, from 36 in 2012/13 to 165 last year.

Last year there were a total of 2,016 referrals for youngsters aged between three and 18, more than six times more than the 314 referrals five years previously.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...erred-gender-identity-clinics-has-quadrupled/

If anyone can convince me this is acceptable or appropriate for children this young, children who probably don't understand the magnitude of what they are claiming, I would be very surprised.

Soldato
Should be illegal to give children any kind of hormonal or other treatment with the aim of trying to change their gender. If they get to the age of 18 when they can make the decision themselves that's fair enough, but make them pay for it. My taxes shouldn't be paying for this.

Soldato
To be honest I think it's getting to a point in some cases where it's quite clearly child abuse.

Their parents are forcing this crapp upon them leaving them confused. Oh he played with barbies? he must be a trans.... no? I'm pretty sure I played with some barbies and did dress up when I was a kid....

Associate
There was a discussion on 'trans rights' on one of the BBC discussion shows this morning. One of the guests was trans and was talking about how they 'knew' when they were 4 years old ...
What concerned me was the trans guest was an ex primary school teacher, who then went on to speak about how they 'helped' a young pupil with their 'issues' revolving around gender identity. What were they doing now they'd transitioned? They wrote children's books, and spent their time visiting primary schools reading to kids .... it's nothing short of propaganda, and I'd be furious if I found my kids schools were allowing that sort of thing to happen ... kids shouldn't be exposed to this ... adults can do whatever they want but kids should be left out of it all.

Caporegime
This will just increase in future, in 10 years or so we'll have the 'crisis' in trans services where the NHS are criticised in the press for not giving hormone treatment to young girls who'd otherwise simply be tomboys.

In the future there might well be demand for 'womb transplants' to be provided on the NHS so that trans women have their 'human right' to a family life respected and are able to have a child. So what if that means fewer funds for cancer patients etc..

Soldato
I'm pretty sure I played with some barbies and did dress up when I was a kid....

pub-landlord-i-was-never-confused_zpsbphuemqf.jpg

Caporegime
Just more parenting hand offs to other people for things that they "cant" deal with.

Honestly don't know why we allow everyone wholesale right to become parents.

Associate
This will just increase in future, in 10 years or so we'll have the 'crisis' in trans services where the NHS are criticised in the press for not giving hormone treatment to young girls who'd otherwise simply be tomboys.

In the future there might well be demand for 'womb transplants' to be provided on the NHS so that trans women have their 'human right' to a family life respected and are able to have a child. So what if that means fewer funds for cancer patients etc..

They were speaking of artificial wombs a few weeks ago weren't they? Also talk of potentially making them available on the nhs within 10 years for trans and gay men. Madness.

Soldato
The flip-side of this is that nearly half of trans pupils have attempted suicide. There's clearly got to be a balance between helping the kids who need help and allowing kids to be kids.

As the article says at the bottom, kids can only be given hormones once they turn 16 and I would assume that the criteria for giving 16-years olds hormones is at least as stringent as it is for adults.

Associate
The flip-side of this is that nearly half of trans pupils have attempted suicide. There's clearly got to be a balance between helping the kids who need help and allowing kids to be kids.

As the article says at the bottom, kids can only be given hormones once they turn 16 and I would assume that the criteria for giving 16-years olds hormones is at least as stringent as it is for adults.

What's the attempted suicide rate of post op trans people? I read it's 20 times higher than normal.

Soldato
What's the attempted suicide rate of post op trans people? I read it's 20 times higher than normal.

It's still significantly higher than the normal, yes. Trans people suffer the same kind of prejudices today that gay people did in the past. The suicide rate is higher but so is the unemployment rate and the murder rate. You're significantly more likely to be murdered if you're trans than if you're not.

Soldato
The suicide rate I would say will be due to them being mentally unstable in the first place, rather than the "bullying" they get due to their mental illness.

Soldato
The ridiculously high rate of suicide in the Trans community is far beyond "bullying", its probably because the Trans people who psychologically want to be the other sex, are unstable.

What's it like being able to just decide things without needing a basis? Your life must be so simple. Wrong but simple.

The suicide rate I would say will be due to them being mentally unstable in the first place, rather than the "bullying" they reserve.

You too.

Soldato
OP
What's it like being able to just decide things without needing a basis? Your life must be so simple. Wrong but simple.

The Trans suicide rate is 40% (IIRC), the national UK average is about 4% (IIRC). To suggest that the 36% difference is due to bullying or social pressures, is ludicrous and would need hard evidence to back up.

As such i said the 36% difference is probably due to the mentally unstable nature of the psychological Trans people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom