• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Number of cores

Man of Honour
The AMD AM4 platform (Ryzen) supports dual channel memory.

you lose dual channel if u have more than 2 sticks.
You don't

There are 2 channels A and B on the motherboard each channel takes 2 sticks of memory .

Memory is usually sold in matching pairs although it's called dual channel, this meaning both sticks work in that channel.

Associate
4 sticks can run in dual channel just fine but can run a tad slower than two sticks of double size (might be out of date on that last bit, many moons ago when i used to tweak the fastest stable speeds were with 2 sticks rather than 4 even if total capacity was the same. Something something IMC :shrug:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Prolly from the weak memory controllers on the earlier chips

ah possibly i have a funny feeling it might off been in my old socket 939 asrock dual vsta main board manual with a athlon 64 3700+ or the even earlier gigabyte 7vaxp with a athlon 1800xp, glad to hear its not the case nowadays and im more than happy to be corrected and learn something :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom