Nursery Worker admits sex abuse

Man of Honour
I'd love to know how all you armchair psychologists know that these people can never be reformed.

I know because of all the Child Protection meetings I've been to.
Paedo's aren't 'reformed' but they can stop doing what they do because they are made to realise it is wrong.
There is no way you will ever reform me from fancying older women in stockings, suspenders and stilletoes and even if all literature, TV and internet was taken away from me I would still have my imagination.
Paedo's are paedo's for life.

Soldato
[ASSE]Hinchy;15011286 said:
One thing I noticed listening to the radio yesterday, is that there seems to be a bit of shock that a woman was involved? Its really irritated me hearing the surprise to some that a female could be involved in such things..

Bothers me aswell, Ive always had this thought women are capable of doing exactly the same things its just the media likes to focus only on men so thats why people are going around shocked that a woman could be so sick. What will really get me mad is if somebody comes along and starts arguing these women were somehow forced or brainwashed into doing these things.

Caporegime
I know because of all the Child Protection meetings I've been to.
Paedo's aren't 'reformed' but they can stop doing what they do because they are made to realise it is wrong.
There is no way you will ever reform me from fancying older women in stockings, suspenders and stilletoes and even if all literature, TV and internet was taken away from me I would still have my imagination.
Paedo's are paedo's for life.

Well, ok, I'll go with that, but that doesn't mean we can't ever release them, or that we should punish people just for being paedophiles. That would be thoughtcrime.

Man of Honour
I'd love to know how all you armchair psychologists know that these people can never be reformed.

I would love to know how you think they can ?

I speak from experience in working in the criminal justice system. In nearly ten years in the police force I have never known one of them to completely reform.

As DMP says, they are what they are and they will be like that for life. Sexual gratification with children appeals to them be it the physical act, the thought of it or the temptation to do it and no I do not believe thought crime should be punished but I do think that they should be monitored closely by Public Protection Units and if such a supposed breach of rights sticks in the craw of some people then I counter argue that the rights of children to be safe justifies them being monitored.

Some will slip through the net and that is the sad part but the authorities should not give up on it.

I am no psychologist but I have interacted with paedophiles as part of my job remit and cunning and calculating is how I would describe every single one I have met.

Man of Honour
I am no psychologist but I have interacted with paedophiles as part of my job remit and cunning and calculating is how I would describe every single one I have met.

This was a very interesting programme but it has already been shown-

DOCUMENTARY: To Catch a Paedophile
On: ITV1 Central (103)
Date: Tuesday 29th September 2009 (Already shown)
Time: 10:35 PM to 11:35 PM (1 hour long)

Second of two programmes in which child protection expert Mark Williams-Thomas follows officers in the Metropolitan Police's Paedophile Unit as they go undercover to catch predators targeting kids.
(Stereo, Part 2 of 2, Last In Series, Widescreen, Subtitles)

Basically a copper sits by a computer pretending to be a 13 year old girl on chat rooms and over weeks (or months) they eventually meet up where the paedo has a nasty surprise.
Virtually every one of them said "I came here to tell Becky that she shouldn't be doing this" :(

The American version is worth getting hold of which has been running for several years.

Back
Top Bottom