• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Cyberpunk-2077-RTX-Path-Tracing-Overdrive-screenshots-3.jpg

Looks jaw dropping

Last edited:

:rolleyes:
:cry:
Is that something you did not expect? I was expecting single digits in native 4k. No reason to use native 4k instead of dlss Q.

I don't get what the laughs are about. Did you play the original without the overdrive mode at native 4k on your 3090? Was getting less than 20 fps. What's wrong with the games pushing visuals making it only playable with not yet released hardware? Drop the settings and enjoy?

:rolleyes:
:cry:
Shame the rest of the game is still not fixed! Let's hope the expansion is better!

Last edited:
Shame the rest of the game is still not fixed! Let's hope the expansion is better!
Don't worry 5090Ti will fix the 16FPS native on a 4090 and a 5090Ti will do 24FPS native and they will call it cinematic and an advantage for that type of game.. Then of course with DLSSX Ultimate will do 30000000 fake frames.... Just look at the numbers from native to DLSS3 FG.. what a joke really.

They really are now taking the micky out of gamers and hardware buyers. Enough really time to let these companies crash back to hell.

They are too busy adding crippleware to titles not fixing the issues they may have... The worst the performance the better their high-end gpus sell...for 16FPS native...:mad:

You can't really make this stuff up.. what a world we live in now and then we have people on these forums and other places saying it is acceptable behaviour... well enjoy this behaviour then and remember next gpu you buy don't complain about the price, because there will be so many out of the market by then, you will foot the new prices as we had back in the day because the market was geeks/nerds and very niche so we paid silly prices... So be ready for that ... when your pc hardware becomes the price of a very decent car or a year or more of your mortgage/rent.

Last edited:
Not that I expect an intelligible (or any) answer , but what's wrong with pushing visuals beyond what current hardware is capable off? Crysis did it. Just drop settings and enjoy.

Of course current hardware handles it just fine, the 4090 gets over 100 fps as we can see from the videos, but even if it didn't - the above point still applies. The nonsensical nvidia bashing doesn't convince anyone that isn't already convinced (members of the church of lisa) so it's basically useless - you don't accomplish anything

@TNA Is this a case of buying a 3090 "cause look at the vram" - realizing it's not good enough anymore cause core ain't fast enough - and bashing everything the GPU can't run? That's why people that spend half of less for a 3080 are more cool, they have money left to upgrade to a modern 4080 if needs be and enjoy new games that push the visual boundaries.

Last edited:
well enjoy this behaviour then and remember next gpu you buy don't complain about the price, because there will be so many out of the market by then, you will foot the new prices as we had back in the day because the market was geeks/nerds and very niche so we paid silly prices... So be ready for that ... when your pc hardware becomes the price of a very decent car or a year or more of your mortgage/rent.
Says the guy that bought a 3090, the most overpriced card in the history of GPUs. I got one too, I regretted it - I should have gone for a 3080, but I'm not complaining about my mistakes. Not nvidias fault I messed up

Says the guy that bought a 3090, the most overpriced card in the history of GPUs. I got one too, I regretted it - I should have gone for a 3080, but I'm not complaining about my mistakes. Not nvidias fault I messed up

I bought them for work, I have 3 of them and had 5 at one point... 2 are in NVLINK... for work... other is sat spare in a HTPC case if one dies and needs to be RMA-ed..

Get real you are talking about video games here... for £2k cards and think it's normal..

I use mine for work aka making a living aka making it possible to pay the bills... not game on... :rolleyes:

This is my only reply to you, because you're a troll and will keep wasting peoples time. If you don't see the problems .. you never will... Also I don't have the time to educate you why 90% of what you say is wrong. Have a nice morning.

I bought them for work, I have 3 of them and had 5 at one point... 2 are in NVLINK... for work... other is sat spare in a HTPC case if one dies and needs to be RMA-ed..

Get real you are talking about video games here... for £2k cards and think it's normal..

I use mine for work aka making a living aka making it possible to pay the bills... not game on... :rolleyes:

This is my only reply to you, because you're a troll and will keep wasting peoples time. If you don't see the problems .. you never will... Also I don't have the time to educate you why 90% of what you say is wrong. Have a nice morning.
Your post completely proves my point. You bought them for work. Why didn't you buy amd gpus for work? For the price of 5x3090s you could buy like 10 6900xt's. Oh, 10x 6900xt's are slower than 5x3090s for your line of work? But I guess nvidia should be price matching them regardless of their superiority. Right, right.

Your post completely proves my point. You bought them for work. Why didn't you buy amd gpus for work? For the price of 5x3090s you could buy like 10 6900xt's. Oh, 10x 6900xt's are slower than 5x3090s for your line of work? But I guess nvidia should be price matching them regardless of their superiority. Right, right.
CUDA ... welcome to professional uses. AMD have CUDA? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
CUDA ... welcome to professional uses. AMD have CUDA? :rolleyes:
That's is EXACTLY what I'm saying man. I'm agreeing with you, you are basically saying that a 3090 was literally worth double the money (or whatever the % is) of a 6900xt. But you don't hear that being told often around here. The usual word around is "nvidia greedy"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom