• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Plus loads more launches on techpowerup from all the usual brands, as expected lots of triple fans, plus some single versions for ITX systems

The idiocy of having 3 fans on a 4060, 4060Ti is just laughable. Even the 4070 is fine with two fans.

The 16gb version for that money seems a bit silly. Why wouldnt you just pay the extra and get the much faster 4070? At least the 4070 has a kind of more reasonable memory bandwith.
Yep, like said I thought these might make the 4070 look better - not because the 4070 is great, just because these are especially underwhelming

Last edited:
Yeah, I just saw that. I was shocked frankly I thought he had more integrity. I only started watching his videos a few months ago and built up a bit of good faith we me, then this came out. Seriously what the hell?!?!
I think Jay is just being overly optimistic, for the 4060 Ti, but he does qualify this by saying that testing has to be done to check Nvidia's claims.

Jay does get caught up in the Tech and Nvidia does provide excellent tech innovations which are worthy of praise but he does point out the problems.

If you look at his videos on the 4070 they are very critical of Nvidia, so hardly an Nvidia shill.

The 16gb version for that money seems a bit silly. Why wouldnt you just pay the extra and get the much faster 4070? At least the 4070 has a kind of more reasonable memory bandwith.
Ah, the Leatherman is trolling, asking people to put their money where their mouth is. Reading the comments around here lately, everyone will opt for the 16gb 4060ti over the 12gb 4070. Right? Right? :D

Jay does get caught up in the Tech and Nvidia does provide excellent tech innovations which are worthy of praise but he does point out the problems.
That's the impression i got to as well, that he got caught up in the Nvidia's spin/marketing/PR on the conference call and lost objectivity.

e: That's not to defend him or anything as from a technical perspective some of Jay's videos make me cringe with how wrong he gets things, however i think that same lack of technical knowledge is what can lead him to get carried away with some companies marketing BS.

Last edited:
Ah, the Leatherman is trolling, asking people to put their money where their mouth is. Reading the comments around here lately, everyone will opt for the 16gb 4060ti over the 12gb 4070. Right? Right? :D
I'm looking forward to seeing who picks a 4070 over the 4060 16gb :D Maybe Tommy will return his 4070 for one? :p ;)

Last edited:
I have kind of lost the will to argue when there is terribly priced gpu after terribly priced gpu. The 4060 and 4060ti are meh and hardly an upgrade over the previous gen and obviously Nv are trying to charge top dollar for it to upsell the card above but other than the 4090 there is not a good buy in the entire product stack.

I know it will not happen and AMD will miss the target when handed an open goal served up on a silver platter but if they launch a comparable card with 16gb of vram for $100 less then they have a winner. Do not do what you did with the 6600 and launch it at a stupid price only to reduce it to its true value over the next 6-12 months. Hit the floor running at launch and show how poor a value proposition the 4000 series is.

I have kind of lost the will to argue when there is terribly priced gpu after terribly priced gpu. The 4060 and 4060ti are meh and hardly an upgrade over the previous gen and obviously Nv are trying to charge top dollar for it to upsell the card above but other than the 4090 there is not a good buy in the entire product stack.

I know it will not happen and AMD will miss the target when handed an open goal served up on a silver platter but if they launch a comparable card with 16gb of vram for $100 less then they have a winner. Do not do what you did with the 6600 and launch it at a stupid price only to reduce it to its true value over the next 6-12 months. Hit the floor running at launch and show how poor a value proposition the 4000 series is.

AMD will just price their card $35-50 less than the Nvidia comparable card and call it a day this gen. There is a clear game being played here by both AMD and Nvidia this gen... It's a family affair really. They have both showed their true colours this time round.

Also Nvidia again passing the buck to AIBs to deal with another rubbish product with probably very tight margins and Nvidia not even willing to make an FE card for it. Only the 4060Ti 8GB will have an FE version and I bet they wont be making many of them too.

AIBs really need to speak up now and stop being Nvidia's get out of jail card for such products.

Everyday I have more and more respect for EVGA as this whole 4000 series unfolds and what they saved themselves from and their customers.

Here is the msrp cards for the 4060 class.. Cheap as possible designs with a single fan. But sold as mini ITX cards .. :cry:

Insult after insult from Nvidia and their 4000 series.

I think it's a shame they don't have something comparable to the RTX 3080 TI in the new lineup, the RTX 4070 TI is the closest thing, but is around £150 too expensive.

Edit - Weirdly enough, the RTX 4070 TI is only around 4% faster at 4K (rasterization), according to techpowerup:

The gap is wider at 1440p (comparing 1% lows), according to Techspot:

1440p-p.webp

The 4070 TI gets around 15% higher performance.

Last edited:

I just won't buy anything. RDNA3 is not good enough and everything outside of the 4090 is priced and named a tier too high. You could even argue the 4090 should be less cut down than it is but it does offer great performance at a fair price without any compromises.

I think it's a shame they don't have something comparable to the RTX 3080 TI in the new lineup, the RTX 4070 TI is the closest thing, but is around £150 too expensive.

Edit - Weirdly enough, the RTX 4070 TI is only around 4% faster at 4K (rasterization), according to techpowerup:

The gap is wider at 1440p (comparing 1% lows), according to Techspot:

1440p-p.webp

The 4070 TI gets around 15% higher performance.

Remember the RTX 4070Ti was originally branded as an RTX 4080

Back
Top Bottom