• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Surely not a problem for those using GPU stands, I've been using the Zotac one from day 1, no flex or bend on the PCB at all using a stand. Maybe the FEs need to come with stands from now on :cry:
The box should say the card needs a GPU support bracket then. As it does not, consumers should sue the **** out of them. In the US you can sue for just about anything, so why not.

Surely not a problem for those using GPU stands, I've been using the Zotac one from day 1, no flex or bend on the PCB at all using a stand. Maybe the FEs need to come with stands from now on :cry:

For cards with a stupidly large and heavy heatsink, they should have one included in the box. These 4090s are really pushing the limits of size and weight for gpus to say the least.

Where there's a blame there's a claim, but arguably you could also say that anyone buying a 4090 is an enthusiast, they should already know to use a supplied support bracket. Obviously with an FE they don't come with one so that's on Nvidia, but basically all AIBs come with one? Or is it just a handful of AIBs?

Where there's a blame there's a claim, but arguably you could also say that anyone buying a 4090 is an enthusiast, they should already know to use a supplied support bracket. Obviously with an FE they don't come with one so that's on Nvidia, but basically all AIBs come with one? Or is it just a handful of AIBs?

No idea, some might.

Buying a top end card has nothing to do with being an enthusiast anymore, many of the real enthusiasts have been priced out now and replaced by a new breed of buyer who just buys the best card or most expensive regardless often not even having a clue about the actual hardware or even PCs in general.

Last edited:
Current gen 4050? 4060? 4090? Could you be a little more specific?
I have a 4080, but only 1080p / display, so I either downsample from 4k (not sure if there is performance loss or not vs. regular 4k performance) or do a 3x1080p in Surround.

For the 4k, DLSS Performance is 52FPS without FG and 71FPS with. Ultra Performance is 78fps without FG or 99FPS with. Something like a 4090 should give a 4k@60 (in Performance), without FG or perhaps, a reworked engine more optimized for PT to increase the performance as well - like 4A did with Metro.

The rest of the cards should do well for lower res, perhaps not the 4050, but that is to be expected - maybe just regular RT.

BTW, 4k raster native is only 33fps - again, not sure if there is some sort of bottleneck. So yeah, good luck to "purists" aka raster and native only players. :)

Last edited:
DF's 70 Super review:

He sat threw the whole review comparing the card to a ps5... and quickly sliding from one pc test to another quick as possible to the point you couldn't even have enough time to read the fps counters. They really have lost all my respect now and this is not even the first time he's done that with nvidia reviews comparing consoles a totally different product and cost to a Nvidia gpu.

Pure Nvidia shilling at its best and comparing oranges to apples... worst review so far for this gpu

Last edited:
He sat threw the whole review comparing the card to a ps5... and quickly sliding from one pc test to another quick as possible to the point you couldn't even have enough time to read the fps counters. They really have lost all my respect now and this is not even the first time he's done that with nvidia reviews comparing consoles a totally different product and cost to a Nvidia gpu.

Pure Nvidia shilling at its best and comparing oranges to apples... worst review so far for this gpu

Hurr durr maybe it's because their review comes out well after other sites and these others sites have released hundreds of reviews comparing the 4070 super to other GPUs but not a single one has compared to the consoles, maybe just maybe DF is looking for something to stand out amongst the crowd because they have the tools already to accurately test consoles and for years now DF has been a console focused channel so god forbid they continue to focus on console content

Last edited:
For cards with a stupidly large and heavy heatsink, they should have one included in the box. These 4090s are really pushing the limits of size and weight for gpus to say the least.
I have the Dell/Alienware 4090 and while it may not have all the fancy RGB and increased power limits it is a smaller size and weight and destroys 99% of games with good temps. Pretty hard model to find but I see one has appeared on the well known auction site.

I had an Asus Tuf 4080 before and that thing was huge and heavy. It came with a prop to support it from the PSU but it wasn't long enough lol. I was really paranoid about this card sagging and cracking the PCI connector.

Last edited:
How dumb is this getting, coolers seems to be to blame here with the weight of it cracking the pcb over time. And it also has affected FE 4090s in other vids. QC down the crapper.

I seriously don't understand this. The 4090FE, with it's full three-slot backplate, properly fixed to the card chassis across the full width, is totally solid and just doesn't move at all, let alone sag.

I don't understand how these can be "cracking" when there's no flex at all.

Hey guys,

I need some help I bought a galax hof oc lab plus-x rtx 4080 and it has 2 16pin 12VHPWR connections with a draw of 470W but one 16pin 12VHPWR cable is rated for 600W so do I still connect two 16pin 12VHPWR wires or just one
?

Sounds a bit bizarre! I've no idea but I'd suspect both connectors are just wired in parallel on the PCB so, if your cable and PSU can supply the required 470W via one cable, that should work fine.

Buying a top end card has nothing to do with being an enthusiast anymore, many of the real enthusiasts have been priced out now and replaced by a new breed of buyer who just buys the best card or most expensive regardless often not even having a clue about the actual hardware or even PCs in general.

This, Friend of mine who has been into home computing since the 70's once said in relation to PC enthusiasts "Don't equate someone able to splash the cash around on the latest shiny to someone being an enthusiast" and he was quite right IMO.

This, Friend of mine who has been into home computing since the 70's once said in relation to PC enthusiasts "Don't equate someone able to splash the cash around on the latest shiny to someone being an enthusiast" and he was quite right IMO.
Very true mate ....more like credit card enthusiasts now days ...

I seriously don't understand this. The 4090FE, with it's full three-slot backplate, properly fixed to the card chassis across the full width, is totally solid and just doesn't move at all, let alone sag.

Well, it's happening, it's been flagging up for a few months now about cracked cards, usually along the pcie connector. Some cards aren't going to be as rigid as others depending on their construction and sag can occur.

I don't get it either, it doesn't need a stand it just stays there fixed.

I don't get it either, it doesn't need a stand it just stays there fixed.

Some cards do need a stand as depending on the heatsink they might not be rigid enough to stay perfectly straight and start to sag over time. Some cards have a stiffer construction to negate flex, whereas others a lot of the weight is on the heatsink side and theres not much in the way of support on the backside of the pcb to stop them sagging. If the cards installed in the horizontal method then over time they can start to sag and flex the pcb.

Card sag has been an issue for years, as heatsinks have got larger and heavier it's become more obvious. My 980ti strix cards used to sag quite a bit, and these had a metal frame on the pcb which was supposed to stop that occurring.

Back
Top Bottom