• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Associate
On release day I just pressed F5 once when it was 14:00 and then Buy button was there, had my card and address details already saved to my browser and was checked out in about 20 seconds.

Few of us in the Norwich area been on OCUK for many years :)
Shout out Battlenet above Iceland on St Stephens Street!
I didn't even know there was a Battlenet there :cry: you can add me to the NFLk gamers list as well

Deleted member 258511

D

Deleted member 258511

I don't understand the hate behind GFE. It's not like it's intrusive.
It tells me when a new driver update is out and that's all I really use it for.
NVCleanstall is what I use. It also tells you when a new driver is out. You can disable all the crap when installing a new one easily also.

Associate
I'd be interested in hearing your feedback on the cablemod cable. I was hovering over the buy button but remembered a) I don't own a 4090 and b) it seemed expensive for what is effectively a PSU cable :O

Hoping for a FE drop soon. Was online for launch day and decided on the FE for the current waterblock support but then stock instantaneously vanished and I didn't want to pay £lol pricing for an AIB with a waterblock that may not be available for 6+ months.
I just ordered one because I needed a custom colour and despite not having a 4090 yet (I'm waiting for FE stock) the lead time is like a month so figured I should do it now and have it ready hopefully in time

Caporegime
If the Titan really has been scrapped, and unless RDNA3 is more powerful than I am expecting, then I predict that the value of the 4090 will stay strong until the 4090 Ti is released and those who buy at a decent price now likely will not regret it. I have a feeling the 4090 will stay in demand due to the insane performance and I don't think RDNA3 will change that.

I can't wait for the RDNA3 info to start trickling out, this generation despite the crazy price the 4090 really feels like a next-gen performance upgrade with it delivering 4k120 or higher in most cutting edge games. My SkyrimVR experience is going to go nuts. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Received my cable mods 16pin cable today! Can't use the metal 'cover' yet though, as the connector is the other way around on the Strix. Have to wait until I can get hold of the 90 degree adaptor from cablemods (or the wireview product from der8auer) to make it fully complete and neat, though looks much better for now!

isbvLBW.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Found this somewhere within the Rainforest, miles better than the GPU support clamp that came with the 4090 Suprim X, it has a magnetic base as well so it doesn't keep falling over when you position it, then you can screw the top part to level with the graphics card with pci-e slot. It's also more discrete than the support clamp.
gID0NeG.jpg

That's just like the stand that comes with the Asus Strix, good design :)

Back
Top Bottom