• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Damn, I'd always assumed that ordering direct was pretty safe. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Yeah, I ordered my 4070 Ti last year and it was brand new unopened box no issues.

The whole point of us shopping so much from amazon is when **** hits the fan they sort you out. If they can't they are now no better than the rest of the shops that mess you around.

Last edited:
Soldato
The chart I posted from techpowerup is literally the 1% lows :cry:

And the RTX4060TI still is worse than cheaper cards which is what Humbug was trying to point out. At least the RTX4060 has it's niche - the RTX4060TI is just crap and overpriced.

The RX6700XT,RX7700XT or RX6800 don't have issues in either Tom's Hardware or TPU and it is an Nvidia sponsored game - if anything AMD should be behind in performance.

The RTX4060TI has worse 1% lows(from your own charts) and worse average FPS than an ancient RX6700XT. The even faster RX6750XT can be had for £300 now and that is nearly 10% faster than an RX6700XT. The RX6700XT could be had for under £300 last year.

The RX7700XT and RX6800 are the same price at many retailers as the cheaper RTX4060TI 8GB cards:

Even the TPU charts put the RX7700XT/RX6800 as having a 10FPS advantage in minimums at 1440p. The RX7700XT is a minimal effort release too and could be cheaper,but looks like the second coming of graphics compared to the RTX4060TI.

I really don't understand why you are defending a card which was universally panned by all of the tech review media. It's literally 10% faster in the game than my RTX3060TI which cost the same amount three years ago. I never thought anyone on here would be defending the RTX4060TI 8GB!

:cry: :cry:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah, I ordered my 4070 Ti last year and it was brand new unopened box no issues.

The whole point of us shopping so much from amazon is when **** hits the fan they sort you out. If they can't they are now no better than the rest of the shops that mess you around.

In my experience Amazon are usually good with this stuff unless you have a history of returning stuff frequently, etc. but not everyone has the same experience with them.

Though I purchase some expensive stuff from Amazon I tend to avoid them for certain big ticket items (4090 would be one, top tier CPUs, high end mobile phones, the more expensive SD cards, etc.) where I know the chances of fraud, etc. are high.

Reactions: TNA
Don
And the RTX4060TI still is worse than cheaper cards which is what Humbug was trying to point out. At least the RTX4060 has it's niche - the RTX4060TI is just crap and overpriced.

The RX6700XT,RX7700XT or RX6800 don't have issues in either Tom's Hardware or TPU and it is an Nvidia sponsored game - if anything AMD should be behind in performance.

The RTX4060TI has worse 1% lows(from your own charts) and worse average FPS than an ancient RX6700XT. The even faster RX6750XT can be had for £300 now and that is nearly 10% faster than an RX6700XT. The RX6700XT could be had for under £300 last year.

The RX7700XT and RX6800 are the same price at many retailers as the cheaper RTX4060TI 8GB cards:

Even the TPU charts put the RX7700XT/RX6800 as having a 10FPS advantage in minimums at 1440p. The RX7700XT is a minimal effort release too and could be cheaper,but looks like the second coming of graphics compared to the RTX4060TI.

I really don't understand why you are defending a card which was universally panned by all of the tech review media. It's literally 10% faster in the game than my RTX3060TI which cost the same amount three years ago. I never thought anyone on here would be defending the RTX4060TI 8GB!

:cry: :cry:

No one said it was a good card, you just jumped to a false conclusion.

Don
After phoning there customer service and telling them what had happened,
That customer service person wanted the item returned to them and e-mailed me the return labels to use

So i posted it back by Royal Mail SD and now there telling me the item i returned had the RTX4090 missing from the Box

That is terrible mate, I wish you all the best in sorting this out.

Soldato
Am really getting nowhere at all with getting a refund for this :mad:
Am really starting to think my chances are close to zero

I didn't think you would because of the way the return was initiated over the phone. Did you get the name and location of the person you spoke to?

You can probably still get your money back but you are going to have to raise the stakes, kick up a polite fuss and try and get outside agencies involved if possible.

Use that email address I gave you and tell them that you will be taking the matter further and need a complaints reference number if they still refuse to refund you. Once you hear back from then contact other agencies like Trading Standards etc

I would be also writing to the You and Yours consumer programme on BBC Radio 4. They dealt with exactly this issue last year and as soon as the BBC contacted Amazon for a response Amazon refunded. It's worth a try. Their email address is [email protected] (put in as much detail as possible, pics etc)

If you give up too easily Amazon will just assume you were trying to rip them off anyway.

Persistence is the path to getting your money back. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Soldato
Had to buy the hated 4060ti today for my son. I know it’s got a lot of bad press for only having 8gb vram, but I also remember somewhere reading that its larger cache somewhat mitigates this by tapping into system memory more efficiently?
Anyone know how true that is or have I completely made that up?

If that's true it doesn't seen to work well for Nvidia..... look at the 1% lows.

PS: this is an Nvidia sponsored game.

oqbC90y.jpg

Seasonic.

No one said it was a good card, you just jumped to a false conclusion.
Someone thought Nvidia had special hardware tech to make up for the lack of VRAM,which is not entirely true. Humbug was correct in pointing it out.

The other guy tried to disprove that by quoting TPU data and saying it was a Tom's Hardware bug:
Tpu got very different numbers. Toms hardware maybe on a bad pre release driver or have some system issue

Both reviews used the same Nvidia 551.86 drivers. TH review was 2 days after the TPU review. TH had both the RX7600XT/RTX4060TI 16GB show a 20FPS gain in 1% lows over the RX7600/RTX4060TI 8GB.He also omitted this piece of data from the TPU review:

vram.png

VRAM usage is already marginal. Tom's Hardware stated their test scene pushes VRAM usage and 8GB cards suffer. If people don't want to accept that then fine. I just helped a friend build a new budget PC for this game BTW.

Last edited:
Associate
Am really getting nowhere at all with getting a refund for this :mad:
Am really starting to think my chances are close to zero
Did you video everything - delivery, packaging, opening and unboxing? I've just upgraded for the first time in six years, and only to a 4070 Super, but I videoed everything from the van driver turning up forward, just to be on the safe side.

Soldato
I didn't think you would because of the way the return was initiated over the phone. Did you get the name and location of the person you spoke to?

You can probably still get your money back but you are going to have to raise the stakes, kick up a polite fuss and try and get outside agencies involved if possible.

Use that email address I gave you and tell them that you will be taking the matter further and need a complaints reference number if they still refuse to refund you. Once you hear back from then contact other agencies like Trading Standards etc

I would be also writing to the You and Yours consumer programme on BBC Radio 4. They dealt with exactly this issue last year and as soon as the BBC contacted Amazon for a response Amazon refunded. It's worth a try. Their email address is [email protected] (put in as much detail as possible, pics etc)

If you give up too easily Amazon will just assume you were trying to rip them off anyway.

Persistence is the path to getting your money back. Best of luck!
Thanks,

I did also sent an e-mail to the address you posted but had no reply from it.

Soldato
Did you video everything - delivery, packaging, opening and unboxing? I've just upgraded for the first time in six years, and only to a 4070 Super, but I videoed everything from the van driver turning up forward, just to be on the safe side.
No i didn’t video it,
Kind of not expecting something like this to happen as i order all sorts of stuff off amazon almost every week as there about the only online place with free postage to the Channel Islands i know of and i never had a problem with them before

Last edited:
Soldato
My own experience with Amazon has been very poor when some of the drivers wing it and don't deliver packages. The CS has no direct line to the UK side of the business,so they just waste your time until you have to escalate it.

No i didn’t video it,
Kind of not expecting something like this to happen as i order all sorts of stuff off amazon almost every week as there about the only online place with free postage to the Channel Islands i know of and i never had a problem with them before

Have you filed a police report? Also, it is up to Amazon to ensure the goods are safely delivered to you. Their end of the contract has not been fulfilled - imagine if all retailers could get away with this? Send you a package and give you lower value items. This is why CAB/Trading Standards exist.

I would go to Trading Standards and perhaps contact Watchdog,etc:

Try social media too - lots of these companies respond much quicker via social media.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks,

I did also sent an e-mail to the address you posted but had no reply from it.

No real surprise as you hadn't gone through the "process".

Did you pay by credit card by any chance? If so you have "Section 75" protection. This is the only kind of thing I use credit cards for and then zero the card again with the cash I had for the item.

Here is the episode I listened to about Amazon, forward to 27min 35 secs it should give you some info. I think there was a follow up episode as well.

As a ROG 4090 is such a high value item, without video evidence they were probably never going to refund you just like that because you gave the one-time passcode, accepted the parcel and the item weight was near enough what it should be.

Soldato
No real surprise as you hadn't gone through the "process".

Did you pay by credit card by any chance? If so you have "Section 75" protection. This is the only kind of thing I use credit cards for and then zero the card again with the cash I had for the item.

Here is the episode I listened to about Amazon, forward to 27min 35 secs it should give you some info. I think there was a follow up episode as well.

As a ROG 4090 is such a high value item, without video evidence they were probably never going to refund you just like that because you gave the one-time passcode, accepted the parcel and the item weight was near enough what it should be.
Thanks
No i paid it by Visa Debit card

Looks like you need to have a BBC account to see that video (Which i no have)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom