Nvidia 65" Big Format Gaming Displays

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Its not a monitor, its a TV.

It's also a 4 month-old article that was reported in another thread when it was current.

Associate
I’d love to see them include some smaller sizes in the range. Something like a 43” under £1200 would work a treat. Basically a TV minus the tuner plus the high refresh rate, g-sync and Shield.

Associate
OP
I’d love to see them include some smaller sizes in the range. Something like a 43” under £1200 would work a treat. Basically a TV minus the tuner plus the high refresh rate, g-sync and Shield.

Yep, around 40" would probably be the sweet spot for me too. I sit about 3' away from my 40" monitor and to maintain the same field of view for a 65" monitor would mean sitting 5' away. This would be equivalent to wall mounting it behind my desk instead of being on it.

Associate
OP
I'm wondering, if you wanted to hook this up to an AV receiver, does that mean the receiver (and monitor) would need to support HDMI 2.1 to pass through 4K@120Hz? I'm thinking of getting a receiver + 5.1 system in the next few months but don't want to spend a lot to find these things aren't compatible.

Then again, I might be dreaming slightly as this monitor will probably be way out of my range:)

Soldato
I'm wondering, if you wanted to hook this up to an AV receiver, does that mean the receiver (and monitor) would need to support HDMI 2.1 to pass through 4K@120Hz? I'm thinking of getting a receiver + 5.1 system in the next few months but don't want to spend a lot to find these things aren't compatible.

Then again, I might be dreaming slightly as this monitor will probably be way out of my range:)

i doubt any receiver is gonna let you pass through 4k@120hz

Soldato
Whats the RRP of this?

If NVIDIA actually marketted this around RRP of similarly placed TVs, they would have the potential to destroy the TV market. Sadly it would probably also cannablise their monitor market.

Associate
While this is going to be an overpriced luxury item, it will overcome 3 of the biggest drawbacks to using a TV as a monitor.

Flicker free (no PWM)
Low input lag (sub 5ms vs 20ms at best on a TV)
Low pixel response times with tweaked and configurable overdrive - TVs have a single rather relaxed overdrive setting

Caporegime
I can see me being interested in one of these, but gotta be a matte screen (I think the HP has this) and it's gotta be no more than 3k (which is going to take a while to get to, even if it takes a 50/55in screen to get there). I can see a 43in version of these being the sweet spot...

Associate
Associate
You are not going to get 120HZ from a single graphic card maybe two in 4K UHD format. What's the point of buying this when Samsung will release a MicroLED TV next year in Q3 2019, Gsync is just Nvidia marketing so you're just paying for the name.

Are TV's not good for gaming on PC and being used as Monitor?

Associate
What do you mean, I didn't say TV's are not for gaming

You said whats the point of this when you can get a microLED next year

my reply was a question as Im not clued up about this, the samsung microled TV vs this 65 inch monitor

can TV's be used for gaming? If so, will save me a fortune as I plan to buy this

Back
Top Bottom