• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Ugh, why do people engage in this cringeworthy apologism for companies? There's a supply shortage if you don't produce enough units to cope with even a regular level of demand, which despite their BS public statements Nvidia clearly didn't. Elevated levels of demand didn't even factor into it.

This

You only have to look at the owners threads to realise hardly anyone has actually got hold of one.

No doubt about it, there's a huge supply issue.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
I don't know about anyone else.
But if I can run Cyberpunk on my card, I may as well cancel and wait for the prices to drop or hope AMD bring something to the table.

posted on another thread but anyone seen the exchanges rates, shouldn't them prices be dropping now :p oh wait lag effect much like gas or oil prices, instantly goes up takes months to come back down because reasons!

Soldato
Whichever way you look at it, it's poor planning from Nvidia. You have to take advantage of demand whilst it's there, the market can change so quickly. They aren't getting cards into the hands of people who currently want them. If AMD launch something comparable this month and undercut their pricing, then they will miss out on a lot of sales. It's pretty dire all round from Nvidia.

Soldato
Demand isnt an issue. A lack of it is. nVidia are BS'ing us, or trying to at least. They decided to release the cards, they knew how disruptive the 3080 would have been at it's launch price, they knew they were releasing right before the holidays - They knew everything. And if they can't meet demand then they released too early (for some reason *cough* AMD *cough) or they have found themselves with a shortage of components. Or both.

Ugh, why do people engage in this cringeworthy apologism for companies? There's a supply shortage if you don't produce enough units to cope with even a regular level of demand, which despite their BS public statements Nvidia clearly didn't. Elevated levels of demand didn't even factor into it.
Is the complete lack of owners not enough for you? :p

How hard is it to knock out a few GPUs.

Micky mouse manufacturing at its worst.

How many vehicles do large car manufacturers produce in a day.

Why are companies like Asus not taking advantage of this, all they need from NVidia is the actual GA102 chips.

About 24 thousand a day if your name is Toyota !

Soldato
Whichever way you look at it, it's poor planning from Nvidia. You have to take advantage of demand whilst it's there, the market can change so quickly. They aren't getting cards into the hands of people who currently want them. If AMD launch something comparable this month and undercut their pricing, then they will miss out on a lot of sales. It's pretty dire all round from Nvidia.

If AMD do come close to a 3090 then it's goodbye Nvidia.

Soldato
Which is the big that’s missing...

As others have said, add in the fact millions have had zero commuting costs and refunds for their expensive holidays which they can’t take this year or next and you have the perfect recipe for high demand for consumer goods.

It’s very typical for people to spend £1-2k on a in expensive holiday more than once per year. A train season ticket to London from almost anywhere is £4k-6k, outside London your still looking at £1-2k, not so much when working from home. That’s not burning a hole in peoples pockets. Some categories of consumer goods have had demand greater than Xmas since March in a time which is normally very quiet for those sorts of goods which is crazy. Other categories of course have seen much lower demand (e.g. cars).

I've spent like 5K on 3DFX, and other classic boxed cards, and sealed big box games for a new collection. I've been tracking these down the last month. Hobbies, and holidays, and stuff being shot is an understatement.

I'm off work till late November as well, so bloody well want something fun being locked up. Building a new workstation/gaming rig. Just let me give you my money Jensen.

The ordering system, lack of stock, and no bot protection is such a joke. Nevermind the absolutely bxxxxx that is that PR statement about supply.

Man of Honour
How hard is it to knock out a few GPUs.

Micky mouse manufacturing at its worst.

How many vehicles do large car manufacturers produce in a day.

Why are companies like Asus not taking advantage of this, all they need from NVidia is the actual GA102 chips.

It is the production of the cores which is the issue - though coronavirus has an impact PCB and general purpose part production like capacitors, etc. isn't the limiting factor here.

Semiconductor fabrication is a very different story to making vehicles.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

Demand isnt an issue. A lack of it is. nVidia are BS'ing us, or trying to at least. They decided to release the cards, they knew how disruptive the 3080 would have been at it's launch price, they knew they were releasing right before the holidays - They knew everything. And if they can't meet demand then they released too early (for some reason *cough* AMD *cough) or they have found themselves with a shortage of components. Or both.

Is the complete lack of owners not enough for you? :p

Glad some others on here are not pretending its ok. Absolutely laughable from a giant that can buy ARM..

You mean to say you would buy AMD if they do? :p

This is classic, hard to drop stereotypes an all but this would be the pot of people that "its AMDs fault nvidia are so expensive.." No - just dont buy nvidia products until they clean their act up. Stop towing the line and buy them gen after gen. They have imploded through their own bungling this time nothing to do with AMD, hooray!!

Back
Top Bottom