• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Man of Honour
Soldato
Sure, but my point was they can get it wrong and it does not seem to matter and will not even “look silly”.

Of course, they can get it wrong :) you are entirely correct on that. The problem as I see it is the silly people who disregard that when the YouTuber states that they are wrong or someone else refutes their claims with evidence. They will just continuously spew nonsense like a gospel. It must be frustrating to see such fanboy behavior based on your work/video/leak and not be able to do anything about it and get a ton of flak because of it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You must have missed the flak AdoredTV got over Zen2 then ;) It certainly affected his output and I don't things he's been the same since.
I watch his stuff now and then, but not a follower. All I notice is every time I do see one his subs are much higher and higher viewer count and more engagement via comments.

Soldato
Adored is probably the best commentator around. He gets what he sees as a leak and gives commentary around it. Most of the time he is telling there is plenty of salt involved to cover what he is saying. The actual amount of hate he gets for having a Scottish accent is infuriating as i thought we were past that crap but obviously not. i guess the next English guy i see in Scotland is getting a beating just because he sounds like he does. Some of you guys should be ashamed. Areet guys with a slap.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Adored is probably the best commentator around. He gets what he sees as a leak and gives commentary around it. Most of the time he is telling there is plenty of salt involved to cover what he is saying. The actual amount of hate he gets for having a Scottish accent is infuriating as i thought we were past that crap but obviously not. i guess the next English guy i see in Scotland is getting a beating just because he sounds like he does. Some of you guys should be ashamed. Areet guys with a slap.
His accent is his usp I recon. Alright guys how's it goin. Probably the best bit, goes down hill after that :p

Caporegime
Not even the accent I find annoying, it's the emphasis he puts on words with the letters t or d. It's like the real life equivilant of Cool Whip.

My local snooker club has a few Scottish guys that come in and play and I've yet to hear anything like that from them.

Soldato

I saw a few comments when he first started from Americans that couldn't understand him but haven't seen a comment any it in a long time. If anything is that that draws in new subscribers. I've met far more Scots with a chip on their shoulder than English that have an issue with the Scots. Then again where I live there were a lot of Scottish miners so we're all friends around here :cool: Come to think about it this area must be extremely friendly given all these bad experiences I keep hearing other people have. I work on the basis that apparently 70% of the SAS are of Scottish origin so I'm not picking a fight with any of them :p

Jim also always shows his working so anyone is free to dispute his analysis. I really enjoy the speculation regardless of whether it turns out to be 100% correct. His guesswork is always closer to the final result than mine.

Caporegime
OP
WCCF picked up on the traversal co-processor

It would also allow them to ship the coprocessors as a standalone AIC card - which is something Coreteks mentions as well. Remember the PhysX AIC cards of olde? Well, if this rumor turns out to be true, we might be getting RTX Raytracing AIC cards that can enable strong raytracing performance on a non-raytracing GPU (likely only NVIDIA ones). This is a very feasible business model and something that would greatly enhance the company's push for raytracing without adding cost to users that do not want to pay for it. I for one have my fingers crossed and sincerely hope this turns out to be true - innovation is always incredibly exciting.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-traversal-coprocessor-rtx-3090-gpu/

Wonder how much they'd charge for em :p

Soldato
Using chips on the back of the board is nothing new: look at Apple with their RAM chips on the back of the motherboard. The problem with this traversal chip idea is that Ampere is already out in the wild without it. I wonder if Nvidia have simply done an Apple?

Man of Honour
Using chips on the back of the board is nothing new: look at Apple with their RAM chips on the back of the motherboard. The problem with this traversal chip idea is that Ampere is already out in the wild without it. I wonder if Nvidia have simply done an Apple?

nVidia have made GPUs before with the RAM on the other side amongst other stuff and nothing particularly new about co-processors done this way, etc. either even models of the BBC computer and probably a lot earlier did stuff like it.

Soldato
Ampere has wandered away from my mind.

The KFConsole is where it’s at now :p

KFConsole-Reveal.jpg

Game at 4k and cook chicken at the same time. Winner :D.

Soldato
I saw a few comments when he first started from Americans that couldn't understand him but haven't seen a comment any it in a long time. If anything is that that draws in new subscribers. I've met far more Scots with a chip on their shoulder than English that have an issue with the Scots. Then again where I live there were a lot of Scottish miners so we're all friends around here :cool: Come to think about it this area must be extremely friendly given all these bad experiences I keep hearing other people have. I work on the basis that apparently 70% of the SAS are of Scottish origin so I'm not picking a fight with any of them :p

Jim also always shows his working so anyone is free to dispute his analysis. I really enjoy the speculation regardless of whether it turns out to be 100% correct. His guesswork is always closer to the final result than mine.

I was not talking about his comment section, was actually talking about the attitude in these forums. There is always somebody with the alreet guys or i can't listen to his voice attitude.

Associate
The comparisons to physx is a bit daft it's almost like people forgot they done the complete opposite with it. They bought a company with a discrete ppu and then made their own GPUs do it instead making the ppu redundant.....

Back
Top Bottom